INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 3
You can do a relative move + or - using :64xxx#where xxx is the steps to move, for example :64-200# would move -200 steps from where the focus position is currently.
Does that help?
4 years 4 months ago #45508
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 14
No not really, that is not the issue. I was just pointing out that if a focuser is defined to support variable speed(as this focuser is), then joystick button defaults to a "timed move" rather than the set "relative steps". I think it would be better the other way around.
4 years 4 months ago #45509
This is now fixed in INDI::Focuser. Relative/Absolute is checked first before checking for timed move.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Townshend
4 years 4 months ago #45528
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi,

I just tested the myFocuserPro2 with the Jasem fix. The joystick number of steps follows perfectly the relative position setting and, cherry on the cake, the backlash is taken into account. It seems to me that it was not the case with the precedent solution.

Great thanks to Alan and Jasem

Pierre-Yves
4 years 4 months ago #45535
Thanks Jasem, saved me some time. I am now playing with getting Astroberry up and running on RPi 4 (4GB). Good progress so far, indi and kstatrs up and running, just need auto logon and vnc support.
4 years 4 months ago #45539
  • Thank you received: 10
Gentlemen,

Here is a MAC guy, proudly built my 3D printed focuser rotator, both controlled by Arduinos, via Astroberry.

Very enthusiastically downloaded the new kstars, and immediately reprogrammed my focuser Arduino with Myfocuserpro2, only to find out that my Astroberry doesn't speak that language yet....

would be so eager to try, and don't want to wait until Astroberry is updated.

Is there a "RbPi3" for dummies, or a simple explanation/ tutorial how to get that INDI driver uploaded to Astroberry?

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Michael.
4 years 4 months ago #45743
I built an RPi4 atsroberry at the weekend, and it picked up the MyFoucserDriver. I based it on the Raspbian setup.

What versions have you currently got installed for OS, kstars etc.
4 years 4 months ago #45752
like i said, I don't know nothing....

I downloaded the current Astroberry image(1.1.0) and flashed it. its running under Ubuntu Mate

up to this point I was running Kstars on my iMac, und only PHD2 and INDI server on RbPi at the scope...

Thanks
4 years 4 months ago #45757
Never played with Mac, so can't offer any support other than to suggest maybe using VNC from the Mac to the RPi, and run the kstars there? That's how I use it, but from Windows. You might get a better suggestion in the general forum.
4 years 4 months ago #45778
Ok, maybe somebody else is checking this out and finds it helpful ...

First, Thanks Alan, love that driver, and I would award you 2 or three extra Karmas....

Took my astroberry installation down because I never could update PHD2 it due to some weird Firefox error, installed Raspbian, but due to incompetence I was not able to complete KStars build/ install

Reverted back to Astroberry to have at least my previous used KStars solution; poked around a little and found an “install Updates” feature, and “what the heck” clicked on it. 1 hour later i returned, and was able to -for the first time- start Firefox.

Started PHD2- and to my total surprise it was up to date.
Started KStars, and it had updated to 3.3.7! Wow...
Started the INDI server, and the MyfocuserPro2 Driver was right there and started w/o problems.... WOW WOW

No other issues, your driver - and I checked it back and forth - is working great

Now I just will have to get me a RbPi4
4 years 4 months ago #45811
Glad you sorted it, and thanks for replying with your findings on how you sorted it out. ( I hate posts that say " it's ok guys, I've fixed it now", with no explanation!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Stachon
4 years 4 months ago #45815
But it crashes and crashes and crashes.... hangs on filter change mostly, and I understand that is a common problem, so probably not related to Myfocuserpro2, or my installation skills....

Are you aware of a solution, is there somewhere a Nightly builds maybe? Cant seem to locate that

Disregard, Culprit was a bad USB cable from hub to filter wheel
Thanks!
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Michael.
4 years 4 months ago #45863
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds