INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 3
Command set is identical [though there are a few EXTRA commands for ESP info, which one could easily ignore]

By default the esp code uses port 2020 and the ip address will vary depending on the controller mode and if dynamic ip allocation is being used.

You cant do this with a myFocuserPro2 controller - because that only supports serial.

A myFP2ESP controller [different hardware and firmware] supports tcpip/serial/bluetooth/web-server/ascom-remote

Cheers
Robert
4 years 4 months ago #46244
The topic has been locked.
Email me: Am happy to donate a board with components, but postage is another thing. If you were willing to contribute with postage then it is possible.
4 years 4 months ago #46245
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi All,

Thanks to Robert and everyone involved with Myfocuserpro and myfocuserpro2.I can confirm the original driver (when modified for WiFi) works for the ESP32.

I followed his suggestion to change from SERIAL to TCP, and changing Firmware version in my clone of the myfocuserpro2 indi driver.

I would have gotten there much sooner but I kept installing the driver's XML file in the wrong place.

My breadboard setup works as expected. I learned so much about drivers and have an appreciation of the effort that goes into all the open source software we have.
4 years 3 months ago #46572
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi all, I have been reading the posts and I have to say excellent work.

I'm building a focuser based on the ESP32 board using the myFP2ESP code (thanks roberto). I want to eliminate another USD cable from my rig.

Just looking at MyFocuserPro2 in the indi control panel (I'm running the latest KStars v3.3.8 ) there is only a serial connection option.

I am wonder if (and if not, when) the TCP method has been pushed for use yet?

regards
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Petar Milevski. Reason: spelling
4 years 3 months ago #46720
Attachments:
I made a windows controller emulator for the esp controller. If you run this on the windows pc it will start an emulator (and tell you the ip address) - you then can connect to it and it behaves just like a esp controller. I use it all the time for testing, running inside its own VM
4 years 3 months ago #46721
Cool. I don't have a windows computer. I only use Ubuntu. Can you send a link to the emulator and I'll try running it with wine.
4 years 3 months ago #46722
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Milevski
4 years 3 months ago #46728
  • Thank you received: 14
If it is as simple as adding TCP_CONNECTION, then I can do this, the problem is I have noway of testing this. So if I do it, could somebody check the new code before I do a pull request?

The problem will then be a lot of people who do not understand the first thing about networking, complaining that the driver does not work, when they have not set their devices correctly!
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Alan Townshend.
4 years 3 months ago #46740
  • Thank you received: 14
Can I suggest we close this thread, as the Serial driver is working as expected, and new issues are put into new threads?
4 years 3 months ago #46741
Hi Roberto i tried running emulator under wine but it doesn't work.

Ajt68 please give the emulator a go. You don't need a physical wifi focuser to test your code.

Regards
4 years 3 months ago #46747
hi ajt68, yes a new thread is probably a good idea. Do you want me to start one?
4 years 3 months ago #46748
Paul
You would either need to use port 2020 in kstars or if you intend to use port 1026 then you would need to change that in the firmware and reprogram the controller?
4 years 2 months ago #47506
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds