INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO 8-Position EFW Shows only 5 Filter Positions

• Thank you received: 0
I've been struggling with this issue for several weeks and to no avail, so I am asking the community for help.
My main imaging setup consists of the ZWO ASI1600MM CCD coupled with their ZWO 8-position EFW.
I use KStars/Ekos/Indi along with Stellarmate as my software control and it truly is an amazing integration of quality modules needed for astrophotography.
Prior to my upgrading to the 8-position EFW, I had been using ZWO's 5-position miniEFW and my system worked flawlessly for just about 2 years.
Once I decided to incorporate NB filters with my LRGB filters, it made sense for me to upgrade my EFW to an 8-position version.
That's when the trouble began. I cannot get the 8-position ZWO EFW to show more than 5 filter slots. I've loaded the recommended filter wheel drivers from ZWO and those from ASCOM (Windows 10 environment).
When using Ekos, the filter wheel is recognized, but only 5-slots show up. I cannot add nor configure more slots. However, if I use software like APT Tools or SharpCap, the filter wheel ISrecognized and listed as an 8-position device.
I've tried installing KStars/Ekos/Indi on a dedicated Linux machine and the same problem exists.....8-position EFW shows only 5-slots.
I've attached two screen shots of the filter wheel equippage from Ekos.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
4 years 10 months ago #39292
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
This is an old driver (0.6), the current version is 1.3... where are you getting this driver from?
4 years 10 months ago #39305
  • Thank you received: 0
First, thanks for the quick reply.
For my Windows 10 machine running KStars/Ekos, I used the EFW ASCOM driver from ZWO's site (see attachment).
For my dedicated Linux (Ubuntu( machine running KStars/Ekos, I loaded the recommended Indi driver/libraries (see attachments).
I would assume that I would have gotten the latest software version, so I'm not sure why version 0.3 is still listed under the ASI EFW tab in Ekos.
4 years 10 months ago #39311
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 40
I'm looking to get a filter wheel. I'm getting tired of running out, putting the cover on/off.

I see the ZWO 8-Position Color Filter Wheel EFW8 has a good price. I will still be using my Canon 600D for a while until I can afford a good Astro Camera.

I don't see ZWO on any of the choices for filterwheels in the drop down. I do see Atik EFW, not thinking that is the same.
4 years 5 months ago #44308
There is only one driver and it is Atik EFW. At any rate, this topic is old and should be closed. If you have issues with the ZWO EFW, please open a new topic about it.
4 years 5 months ago #44315
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds