INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focuser Arduino and Motorshield

• Thank you received: 0
I have installed the stellarmate on raspberry one week ago and I tested the ekos and kstar tools. I have a focuser developed with the Arduino and Motorshield board to control the stepper in the ASCOM environment. Now I would like to move this in the INDI. I have read some indi drivers are available, but I am not understand where I can retrieve the correspondent Arduino code for the specific indi driver (for example moonlite, etc.. ). Can you help and suggest me a solution, please?
4 years 9 months ago #40362

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

what project did you use for this? where is the code for the arduino?
4 years 9 months ago #40364

I use a private code of my friend who developed also the ASCOM driver without following specific standard. For this reason I would like to get the Arduino code that is able to comunicate with available indi drivers.
4 years 9 months ago #40365

• Thank you received: 74
There are numerous ones on Github and else where that support Moonlite protocol and should (and do) work with Indi Moonlite Focuser driver.

Example github.com/marcocipriani01/Arduino-MoonL...ino-MoonLite-focuser - note I haven't used this one personally just showing an example.

Not knowing your friends code but I would suggest trying it with Indi as is just in case it works without modification - p.s. if it works with Monnlite own stand alone Windows App it should be fine for Indi in my experience.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 9 months ago #40368

Thank you for this code suggestion. Although I searched in the web previously, I have never found it. I am going to check it asap.
4 years 9 months ago #40375

• Thank you received: 74
Silly me (apologies RB) I forgot Robert Brown's Windows/Indi Focuser located here - sourceforge.net/projects/arduinofocuscontrollerpro/

contains lot more than just .ino files and is Moonlite compat - excellent project for Windows or Indi focuser based on Arduino.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 9 months ago #40397

Starting from my Arduino Uno and Motor Shield Rev3 (store.arduino.cc/arduino-motor-shield-rev3) I have decided that it is better to upload into Arduino the existing and available software github.com/TallFurryMan/moonduino. that include the library AccelStepper (www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/AccelStepper/) . The question is: will my hardware work with this library without damages considering that all projects I see in the web have a different HW configuration? Are these setting right ?

#define PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR1 2 //PWM A
#define PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR2 3 //PWM B
#define PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR3 4 //direction A
#define PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR4 5 // direction B

AccelStepper stepper(AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE, PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR1, PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR2, PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR3, PIN_OUTPUT_MOTOR4, false);

Thanks
4 years 6 months ago #43602

Time to create page: 0.893 seconds