INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

autoselect star...... subframe.....

• Thank you received: 10
had several sessions corrupted by a failed autofocus procedure:

after meridian flip the subframe is most likely empty...
occasionally "autoselect star" chooses the center of a galaxy and is unsuccessful...

do you have any suggestions?

Michael

CEM60, TS-Photoline 125, ASI1600MM, ASI120MM, Moonlite homebrew focus and rotate (3D printed- MyFocuserPro), RbPi, Redneck Berlebach
4 years 7 months ago #41966

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
You could use the „full frame“ option and restrict the inner field so that the galaxy is excluded.

-Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
4 years 7 months ago #41986

• Thank you received: 133

Might be a valuable option to have a check button to also constrain the autoselect to the (full field) ROI. No idea though how difficult that would be to implement...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
4 years 7 months ago #41996

• Thank you received: 10
all good ideas and I will check (again) into that full frame thing. tried already a few times, but I always lost my nerve because that process takes soooooo long...

Here is my idea:
It would be nice to have an option to restrict the search area for "autoselect star" to a smaller window which could "flip" with the meridian flip, that one can stay away from a galaxy. And also stay away from the very corners of the image, where the field flatteners have their problems. This is where my "autoselect" often goes....

Thanks all!
4 years 7 months ago #42003

• Thank you received: 301
That's what the frame clipping function was supposed to offer when complete. Right now as described it is running a mean HFR calculation inside the filtered area, but because this part is sometimes weird (HFR strangely clamped to 1), I didn't move forward yet with other changes.

-Eric
4 years 7 months ago #42042

• Thank you received: 133
Ah, I've seen that several times, too. Really weird, next time it works nicely. Any idea what triggers that? I had the impression it happens more often when there's a lot of stars highlighted in the valid area, but didn't try to confirm this....
4 years 7 months ago #42049

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds