INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Arduino focuser and setting

• Thank you received: 0
I am coding my focuser based on Arduino/Motoshield board with the Moonlight protocol. I would test the communication between Ekos and the Arduino. For this I have generated /dev/arduinofocuser by udev linux command. From the INDI Control panel have set the Focuser="Moonligh" and the CCD simulator. At the first connection I had the problem that the port was /dev/ttyUSB0. So I clicked on the Connection panel tab and set these values /dev/arduinofocuser, Serial and speed 9600. I tried to connect again the focuser but I have the message:

"Error retreiving data from Moonlight, please ensure Moonligth controller is powered and the port is correct". Two questions:

Is the focusr configuration in EKOS right or I have missed something?
Does the Moonlight protocol expect an initialisation message at the first connection with the focuser or the choice Moonlight is wrong and for this reason I have to create my device?
Thank you
4 years 6 months ago #43264

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
Sergio, Have you fitted a capacitor to the Arduino on the reset pin to prevent the reboot at startup , I had issues with Arduino on Indi projects & the fitting of the capacitor has always sorted it . Using an Arduino Mini can also help as it appears as a mouse or keyboard to the computer or Raspberry Pi & gets around this issue.

Regards Alan
4 years 6 months ago #43327

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by sergio on topic Arduino focuser and setting

Hi, I have solved. The problem was in the code because I hadn't implemented the first serial command at the Arduino switching on .
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by sergio.
4 years 6 months ago #43601

Time to create page: 0.839 seconds