INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Arduino focuser and setting

2 days 9 hours ago
sergio
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Arduino focuser and setting #43264
I am coding my focuser based on Arduino/Motoshield board with the Moonlight protocol. I would test the communication between Ekos and the Arduino. For this I have generated /dev/arduinofocuser by udev linux command. From the INDI Control panel have set the Focuser="Moonligh" and the CCD simulator. At the first connection I had the problem that the port was /dev/ttyUSB0. So I clicked on the Connection panel tab and set these values /dev/arduinofocuser, Serial and speed 9600. I tried to connect again the focuser but I have the message:

"Error retreiving data from Moonlight, please ensure Moonligth controller is powered and the port is correct". Two questions:

Is the focusr configuration in EKOS right or I have missed something?
Does the Moonlight protocol expect an initialisation message at the first connection with the focuser or the choice Moonlight is wrong and for this reason I have to create my device?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 day 2 hours ago
ar2star2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Arduino focuser and setting #43327
Sergio, Have you fitted a capacitor to the Arduino on the reset pin to prevent the reboot at startup , I had issues with Arduino on Indi projects & the fitting of the capacitor has always sorted it . Using an Arduino Mini can also help as it appears as a mouse or keyboard to the computer or Raspberry Pi & gets around this issue.

Regards Alan

Raspberry Pi3B,ASI120MC Usb2, QHY5Lii Mono, Atik CCD, Canon 600D, NEQ6, EQMod, EQ5, AstroEQ, EQMod Equinox ED80

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds