INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Starlight Instruments Focuser Boss II & HSM20

• Thank you received: 21
Dear Jnowat,

Just few words as I have no so much free time to going on efficiently in next weeks. Anyway I crossed the chat and would like to explain that due to the object used in coding for the dropdown list of focuser, unfortunately the associate code for the HUB have to be unique. If not, when we read back the value from the hub we are not able to display the correct focuser “connected” to the equipment as one code could be used for different kind of focuser. (But in fact these displayed name could be “wrong”)
To change that some modifications have to take place in the code. May using the driver’s config backup could be a way to do that? Unfortunately, if I do that we should not read the configuration from the hub it-self, and we take some risk to destroy it or the focuser within a completely wrong setting in hub memory. Maybe a matrix table should be available on indilib.org/devices/focusers/focuslynx.html
Anyway your suggestion around the focuser naming have to be evaluated and think about your proposal. I am just not sure to correct understand what you mean with “alias” in this case.
Next point along the chat, I am not sure to have correctly understood if your issue related to the connection to the driver is solved or not? If you still get error message could you provide the log info for the focuser driver (indilib.org/support/logs-submission.html) and give me the version of your hub firmware?
I am sorry but it wouldn’t be possible for me to have good reaction to support you in short time, but I’ll try to do my best.

Last point @Jasem. The “user manual” is obsolete as now we can drive the two focusers with it and the LED level can be set from the drivers. I have to work on new version of the manual but definitively not time for that. Please, could you at least remove from the Issue chapter the lines:

Not all functions are implemented yet.
• Only the Focus 1 is manage by the driver.
• No LED intensity configuration available
• The drivers cannot rename the focuser.

Best regards, Philippe
Philippe Besson
Skywatcher HEQ5, Televue 101-IS, Takahashi FS-60CB
Focus Boss II with OptecInc TCF-S focuser and Starlight Instruments HSM20 handy stepper motor
Guiding camera ZWO ASI120MM
Filterwheel OptecInc IFW
Camera not set yet
Switzerland
4 years 6 months ago #43831

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Philippe,

Thank you for your response. I know your time is very valuable so it's greatly appreciated. I did remove the lines as requested. It would be great if the documentation can be updated, even with a new compatibility matrix table and new screenshots.

I suggested the use of the word "Alias" in the sense that if a focuser type (e.g. FA) could have two labels in the list, then one label becomes an alias since both represent the same physical device (i.e. FA)
4 years 6 months ago #43858

• Thank you received: 12
Philippe,

No, issue of connecting has not been solved. The logs I have uploaded in this post have captured the error. If they have not, I could connect it once more, but the errors will likely be the same.

I have switched to using the Pegasus UPBv2 as my focuser, even though that is having troubles with the amount of power supplied, but I am in contact with the manufacturer to determine the correct power through their software before I open post on the issue.

As I see it now, Focus Boss II and HSM motors are incompatible with INDI, and if anyone has them working, I have not found their fix. I've spent many hours of clear skies over the past week, trouble-shooting other issues with INDI/Ekos, getting my new (and old) equipment to work. If anyone needs me to attempt a new connection with FocusBossII hub and HSM20 motor, I am willing to do so- I will watch this post. If I find time to do it and find anything new, I will report it here, as well.

Best,
Jacob Nowatzke
4 years 6 months ago #43909

Hi Jacob,

Ok, I just pushed some changes to the driver. You should now see version 1.44 of the driver. I added the aliases. You need to enable DEBUG logging. Check my signature for how to do that. You can compile the latest git from source or wait until nightly is updated, or if you have TeamViewer on StellarMate, I can login and test the changes.
4 years 6 months ago #43924

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds