INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Does ZWO EAF work with ekos?

9 months 4 weeks ago
wvreeven
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
Does ZWO EAF work with ekos? #46335
Mine arrived today and indeed it works like a charm. One question though: I have the advanced version with temperature sensor. In the INDI Control Panel I see the temperature of the sensor. How can I refocus with every 2 degree Celcius temperature difference? I don't think that's possible, right?

Wouter

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
The following user(s) said Thank You dazza1639

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 4 weeks ago
DerPit
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Does ZWO EAF work with ekos? #46336
I haven't seen an option in EKOS. And have the same issue with my other focuser, a Pegasus DMFC. Shows temperature, but there's nothing I can do with it :(
Also, even though it is a snoop device for the camera, neither the temperature nor the focus position are added to the FITS header, which I think would be very nice to have (again, that's for both of them).

openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI1600+EFW+EAF+ASI290 mini
The following user(s) said Thank You dazza1639

8 months 1 week ago
iooo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Does ZWO EAF work with ekos? #48075
Please, can someone, who owns ZWO EAF, post an output of the following command?

indi_getprop

In addition, I would be very grateful, if someone would confirm, if the ZWO EAF configuration in the graphical indi client can enable joystick support as it is in the focuser simulator.

Thank you

8 months 1 week ago
jpaana
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Does ZWO EAF work with ekos? #48080
Here is the relevant part, joystick enable control is there, haven't tried if it works, but it's handled by the common base class so it should.

File Attachment:

File Name: eaf.txt
File Size:1 KB

Remote observatory running Ubuntu 20.04 x64 with ScopeDome 2M, Skywatcher EQ8, TS 8" RC, Atik 383L+, ASI178MC, ASI120MM-S, SX Lodestar X2, SX USB wheel with OAG, ZWO EAF, Gemini SnapCap, USB_DewPoint, KomaHub
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You iooo

8 months 1 week ago
iooo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Does ZWO EAF work with ekos? #48081
Thank you very much for the information. There's everything I need so I can order it.

Time to create page: 1.062 seconds