INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Pegasus DMFC V3

• Thank you received: 4
Hi and a Happy New Year,
I chose a Pegasus DMFC V3 as it measures temperature changes and there is an INDI driver for it. Indi setup description was easy to follow and I was looking forward to focusing on the fly to preset temperature and RGB etc calibrations. (without having to touch the telescope)
Pegasus is excellent on a focus star, but spends a lot of time and with a mixed result during deep sky imaging with light clouds and jet stream variables.
I have taken sharper pics since I purchased a Pegasus DMFC V3... but I have also taken a lot less frames in that time... sometimes none in 6 hours due to endless focusing attempts and poor results. Previously I used a 80mm engineering dial gauge to measure the focus position of my Tele Vue 101is and by following a temperature graph I was able to update my focus manually and with good success as the night cooled. I am attempting to replicate this process remotely.
The issues that I am having can be broken down into a few groups.
1) This is not an Absolute Encoder. While focusing out, sometimes it will increment up and sometimes down.
2) Item 1 is controlled by selecting REVERSE Enable or Disable in the Indi Pegasus parameters but this feature seems to have a soft memory I want REVERSE Disabled but it often comes up as Reverse Enabled.
3) My Indi / Pegasus Screen has 2 anomalies To Disable the reverse feature I often need to select Reverse Enable, then it goes OFF. The Backlash Enable will also disable the backlash and then I need to connect to a PC to reset it to Enable.
4) A PC will let me set the Steps / Degree for the temperature, but I cannot see if these parameters are active in INDI.

I can calibrate for RGB etc filter focus, but I cannot see where I can calibrate for temperature variations in INDI...

I am running a RPI-3B as a remote INDI server connected by Ethernet to my late 2011 mac-mini with KStars V3.3.4; V3.3.6 and V3.3.8, Imaging is a 101mm Tele Vue on a Losmandy G11-G and a 2013 QSI683-wsg8 with a ZWO 120mm-S OAG.

Thanks for all the great EKOS / Indi developments you do

Lenn
4 years 2 months ago #47511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by Thomas Stibor on topic New Pegasus DMFC V3

Which INDI
indi_dmfc_focus
version are you using? I have the Pegasus FocusCube2 and also noticed problems with "reverse enabled" and other minor issues.
The problems though should be fixed in master, see commits:

Fix enabling/disabling DMFC properties and remove dead code
Fix select motortype, reverse status and enable focuser backlash
Enable saving/loading backlash steps and fix motor type select

Can you try running with the provided patches and also provides collected DEBUG LOGS.
4 years 2 months ago #47516

Replied by Len North on topic New Pegasus DMFC V3

Hello Copello and thanks for the reply,
I need to gather answers for your questions as all I did was change from ver 3.3.6 KStars to ver 3.3.8 and in IndiLib.org I downloaded Bleeding Edge Ver to get the latest drivers.
KStars Ver 3.3.8 has an annoying feature where the bottom window reduces to 3 lines and any attempt to expand it causes it to close the window completly, so I have been using3.3.6. I love the extra features added to 3.3.8, but I have to remember to leave that window adjustment alone.
The focuser is sold with a controller and a ver 3 stepper motor which uses a standard ethernet cable from the controller to the motor( for motor power etc.
Now for the dumb questions... do I copy these files you have highlighted into the RPI (server) terminal window.... or do I load them into my local mac terminal window? .. clearly I'm not very bright.
Regards
4 years 2 months ago #47531

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by Thomas Stibor on topic New Pegasus DMFC V3

Jasem recently released INDI 1.8.3
If you update your INDI packages to 1.8.3 the patches for DMFC are included.
4 years 2 months ago #47603

Replied by Len North on topic New Pegasus DMFC V3

I have installed INDI 1.8.3 on my RPI
Do I need to install it on my mac also?
I must confess that the RPI system date and location was found to be on manual setting and it was years and months out. Firefox alerted me when I tried to download INDI.
4 years 2 months ago #47786

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds