INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Astroberry Remote Client - set up advise

8 months 1 week ago
petarm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Astroberry Remote Client - set up advise #48092
Hi all I'm having an issue trying to automatically connect to my Astroberry Focuser that is running on remotely.

My setup is as follows:

I built an Astroberry Focuser using a Raspberry Pi0W (Raspbian Buster and Astroberry DIY as per github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-diy). I set the Rpi0W up with a static IP and it always connects to my Asus Tinker board (which runs in hot spot mode and I remote desktop to it). I modified the rc.local file on the RPi0W so that indi_rpifocus starts on boot up.

I have Kstars/ekos running locally on an Asus Tinker board under ubuntu 18.04. To this device I have my imaging camera, guider and mount connected. I have added the remote computers alias (I called it focuser) to the tinker board “sudo echo "10.42.0.193 focuser" >> /etc/hosts”.

On pinging the remote computer, the local computer (Tinker board) can see the remote client is connected and the driver is running.

In the Profile Editor, I enter the remote computers credentials ("indi_rpifocus"@10.42.0.XXX), but the astroberry focuser does not start in ekos.

But if I create a client in the Device Manager and connect to it first, the astroberry focuser connect and works.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? I just want to eliminate that extra step of going through the Device manager to connect to the remote client.

regards

Lots of trial and error, mainly error, but in hindsight, it was easy!!!

Takahashi FC100DF imaging scope
QHY5 on Orion 50mm guiding
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro via Wifi
Baader modified Canon 550D DSO
ZWO ASI 224MC Planetary
DIY Astroberry focuser
Raspberry Pi 4 with KStars/Ekos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago
petarm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Astroberry Remote Client - set up advise #48102
On another note I could not wait for the A9488 stepper motor driver to arrive so I installed a drv8825 driver board I had lying around instead. I can confirm that along with the recommended A9488 and drv8834, the drv8825 also works perfectly.

Lots of trial and error, mainly error, but in hindsight, it was easy!!!

Takahashi FC100DF imaging scope
QHY5 on Orion 50mm guiding
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro via Wifi
Baader modified Canon 550D DSO
ZWO ASI 224MC Planetary
DIY Astroberry focuser
Raspberry Pi 4 with KStars/Ekos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds