INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Remote Client - set up advise

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all I'm having an issue trying to automatically connect to my Astroberry Focuser that is running on remotely.

My setup is as follows:

I built an Astroberry Focuser using a Raspberry Pi0W (Raspbian Buster and Astroberry DIY as per github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-diy). I set the Rpi0W up with a static IP and it always connects to my Asus Tinker board (which runs in hot spot mode and I remote desktop to it). I modified the rc.local file on the RPi0W so that indi_rpifocus starts on boot up.

I have Kstars/ekos running locally on an Asus Tinker board under ubuntu 18.04. To this device I have my imaging camera, guider and mount connected. I have added the remote computers alias (I called it focuser) to the tinker board “sudo echo "10.42.0.193 focuser" >> /etc/hosts”.

On pinging the remote computer, the local computer (Tinker board) can see the remote client is connected and the driver is running.

In the Profile Editor, I enter the remote computers credentials ("indi_rpifocus"@10.42.0.XXX), but the astroberry focuser does not start in ekos.

But if I create a client in the Device Manager and connect to it first, the astroberry focuser connect and works.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? I just want to eliminate that extra step of going through the Device manager to connect to the remote client.

regards
4 years 3 months ago #48092

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
On another note I could not wait for the A9488 stepper motor driver to arrive so I installed a drv8825 driver board I had lying around instead. I can confirm that along with the recommended A9488 and drv8834, the drv8825 also works perfectly.
4 years 3 months ago #48102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds