INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI issues: Pegasus FocusCube V2

• Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I posted my struggles on the Stellarmate page but thought best I copy/paste exerts on Focusers seeing this was a Focuser issue with INDI on Stellarmate 1.4.6, full details on the link:

indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/6122-1-4-6...e-post.html?start=72

Anyway: Bottom line, has anyone had any success getting this focuser to work? This is part of the problems I was getting:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Now for the bad bits:

Pegasus DMFC: This still has a bug where I cannot Set (Enable/Disable) Backlash or Reverse Motion. The latter does - sometimes. However, within Options it still does not fully Save my Configuration. It does Save certain aspects - like setting of Max Position. It does not Load previously Saved Configurations. On the Connections tab: Scan Ports does not automatically Refresh. Only when I do this manually I am able to Enable Reverse Motion. I do not want to be having to do this all the time before I do imaging. This should Save as my Configuration and load automatically surely? Clearly a bug.

I need to have Reverse Motion enabled to work otherwise it all goes to rubbish.

Altair AA183CPROTEC: Similar issue to above: I can set but not SAVE (in Configurations) the temperature I want my camera to be cooled. Reverts to 0 degrees on restart. In Controls; the USB speed sometimes SAVE when set to 2 instead of 3. On occasion it goes back to 3.

In operation I have noticed once the temperature is set (-10.00) it will drop accordingly but frequently come up with [ERROR] get_Temperature error. Unspecified failure. As a result the temperature does not drop as required. Until I hit SET again. Oddly, the (-10.00) figure changes to (-9.80). Weird. I also get [ERROR] Cannot change resolution while streaming/recording despite the fact I have stopped streaming or recording anything.

I thought I'd try an test the camera and focuser together. No success. Focuser was OK once I got it to Reverse mode. Stream on video was impossible with the INDI drivers crashing more times than I could count. I managed to drop the cameras resolution from its capable resolution (5440x3648) to something more modest (2736x1824) and USB down to 1 from 3. Slow when it worked and tbh.. it didn't really work. I think if I wasted a night with this out in the cold I;'d probably douse the whole lot in fuel and set it alight. Everytime INDI crashed I had to reset the setting I saved as it did not save the settings when set and saved. At this point I give up.

No point testing the rest tbh.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I would love to hear from anybody who has this focuser and who can advise me of the settings they particularly use, with success, to get this running on INDI without everything going BANG!

Help please..

Thanking you all in advance.

Jaq
4 years 2 months ago #48373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
I'm not having the Focuscube, but the 'real'(?) DMFC (or is that v1?). Is this the same driver, as you refer to DMFC? At least, with that unit and the INDI Pegasus DMFC module both backlash compensation and reverse motion do work....
4 years 2 months ago #48514

I've got the Pegasus Focuscube V2. I'm assuming the INDI driver I'm supposed to using is the Pegasus DMFC. For me it doesn't work like I've said. Maybe it's too new and a driver hasn't yet been developed. If there is an alternative it isn't obvious. Whatever the case the one I'm using doesn't work. Glad yours works for you.
4 years 2 months ago #48517

• Thank you received: 133
Just checked the pegasusastro pages, and indeed the serial command set for both the Focuscube and the DMFC is the same, and both link to the same INDI driver. Annoying. I assume you don't have a Linux PC around to check if its some HW issue in combination with the Pi?
4 years 2 months ago #48518

Nope. I'm afraid not. To be honest it feels more like a software issue than hardware as some symptoms described like setting and saving are effecting other but not all other pieces of hardware connected to the RPi4.
4 years 2 months ago #48520

• Thank you received: 1
I was looking for information about this same issue with the Pegasus DMFC
I cannot Set (Enable/Disable) Backlash or Reverse Motion.
I use Astroberry with Kstars 3.4.2 on RPi 4

EDIT: Excuse me! An update did the job :blush:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Xavier .
3 years 4 months ago #63203

• Thank you received: 27
I use the FocusCube now form somethime with no problems at all (except for the focus tab in Kstars not allowing to enter a position > 10000n while the focuser has a larger range ...)
Driver 1.0 firmware 1.2

Works on my Desktop Ubuntu 20.04 and and RPI4 with Ubuntu 20.04 64bit

Paul
3 years 4 months ago #63211

Time to create page: 0.946 seconds