INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Televue Focusmate Driver (FDF 2004)

• Thank you received: 3
Hello, I have an old TV scope which has a FOcusmate Driver on it. The recent listings for it (for example cloudbreakoptics.com/products/focusmate-...er-10-1-fdf-2004here ) say that it can be controlled by computer. Does anyone know whether this could be controlled by EKOS? If so how would I connect it to the Stellarmate? The Focusmate comes with a hand controller that has RJ45 (I think) that connects into the RJ45 socket in the motor. How could the Stellarmate be connected to the RJ45 motor?

Thank you!
3 years 10 months ago #53636

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Answering myself here but thats in case anyone else comes along in the future w a similar query!

So it can be done using the FCUSB box from Shoestring Astronomy. The driver for that is in EKOS. So you connect that via USB to the Stellarmate, and the other side of the FCUSB is the connection from it to the Focusmate motor. This uses an RJ22 cable (not RJ45) and to use the FCUSB, you also need an FCCBL-01 cable which has a mono jack at one end and RJ22 at the other.

What I now need to check is how EKOS would handle this as its a "Simple Focuser" (DC/PWM) rather than the recommended Absolute Position. My main concern being that if clouds come in & it can't find focus, it doesn't keep going in or out until it can go no further & either burn the motor out or do some other damage. (Maybe that's a stupid concern, but I will look elsewhere on the forum!).
3 years 9 months ago #55837

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds