INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does MyFocuserProV2 Driver support its Temperature Sensor?

• Thank you received: 7
Hello Forum,

I cannot find any release notes for the INDI MyFocuserProV2 Driver.
My small question. Is the temperature sensor now supported?

At the moment, I operate five MyFocuserProV1 focusers with the INDI Moonlite driver. I would change to V2 because, I cannot initial set the focuser position with LINUX.
I do not use any temperature compensation, but I like the temperature in the Fits header for documentation purpose.
Thomas
3 years 7 months ago #57922

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
Ask Robert Brown (author) directly on sourceforge.net/projects/arduinoascomfocuserpro2diy/ if no answer here :-)

Reading the documentation its appears by default to support 1 temp probe

"54| P a g eTEMPERATURE PROBE [Optional]One temperature probe (DS18B20) is supported. The default resolution is set by the controller to 10-bit giving 0.25 degree of resolution (the resolution can be changed). The accuracy of the measured temperature is within 0.5 degrees Celsius. The controller uses a GX12 connector for the temperature probe.Disconnection or reconnection of the probe must be donewhen power is OFF.VCC and GND are wired separately. The controller automatically detects the DS18B20 probe on start-up or reset. If no temperature probe is connected the temperature is set to 20 (Celsius). Temperature Probe PlacementThe sensor end of the probe is fitted so that it ison the metal tube of the telescopeabout ½ way between the optics and the focuser(perhaps secured using tapeor plastic tie). Cable length of the purchased probe from Ebayis around 1 meter (though you can extend this by wiring an extension cablewith suitable connectors).Temperature Probe CalibrationThe ASCOM driver and Windows application can addan offset value to the value returned by the temperature probe. This provides a means of calibration for the probe, and the offset value is remembered by the Windows application and the ASCOM driver.Warning -Never Plug-In or Unplug the Thermometer Cable When Power is ONNote: The temperature probe is NOT used for reading ambient temperature. The probe is used to read the temperature of the focuser tube. This reading can then be used to adjust the position of the focuser as the tube temperature changes, keeping the image in focus. This is called temperature compensation. The amount by which the focuser tube expands or contracts according to temperature change is called the temperature coefficient, and is measured in motor steps per degree Celsius.You need to secure the temperature probe where it can actually measure the temperature of the focuser tube. For a refractor this would be about half-way down the tube length.ENABLING THE TEMPERATURE PROBE IN THE FIRMWAREIf a temperature probe is fitted to the controller, it needs to be enabled in the firmware [2: SPECIFY HARDWARE OPTIONS HERE]// To enable the temperature probe, uncomment next line#define TEMPERATUREPROBE 1"

This of course is just the INO Nano firmware end and I cant say what the Indi driver does with it - if anything. Hopefully someone knows :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Clive Stachon.
3 years 7 months ago #57942

Thanks Stash,
I know Mr. Brown, but the driver is not from him, I suppose. I flashed mine to version 2 but it does not work. Maybe my drivers are old.
Thomas
3 years 7 months ago #57951

• Thank you received: 182
Hi Thomas,

What do you mean, you cannot set initial focus position in MyFocuserProv1? I have mine set and it finds it like clockwork. Have you tried defining it as a preset?

3 years 7 months ago #57976
Attachments:

Sorry Corazon, my english is poor. I mean to set a position, so to tell the focuser that it is at position 5000. Not to drive to a position.
Thomas
3 years 7 months ago #57995

Hallo Thomas,

Ganz einfach: 1) Steppermotorstecker rausziehen, 2) Im Control Panel - Absolute Position = 5000 setzen, 3) Steppermotorstecker wieder reinstecken >> Fertig

HG, Joachim

PS: Also, ich meine den Steppermotorstecker, nicht das USB Kabel das den Arduino mit dem Pi4 verbindet. Der Arduino und der Pi wissen nicht, dass der Stepper sich nicht bewegt hat, wenn Du den Stecker rausgezogen hast. So kannst Du die Startposition beliebig setzen.
Beantwortet das Deine Frage?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Jäger
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 7 months ago #57999

Danke Joachim, der Trick ist cool, warum ich da selber nicht drauf gekommen bin. Leider sind die Motoren bei mir gelötet :-(
Aber mein Problemfokussier ist gesteckt :-)
Danke, dann bleib ich bei Version 1 und dem Moonlite Driver.
Thomas
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Thomas Jäger.
3 years 7 months ago #58008

Bei den gelöteten Motoren musst du die halt vom Fokuser abkoppeln, dann leer drehen lassen und dann wieder mit dem Fokuser verbinden.
Etwas umständlicher, aber der Effekt ist der Gleiche.
3 years 7 months ago #58011

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds