INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Falcon Rotator

So just added support to the new Pegasus falcon rotator. It's in the nightly repo. Documentation here: indilib.org/focusers/pegasus-falcon-rotator.html

Thanks to Evans from Pegasus Astro for the great help in getting this driver up and running!
3 years 6 months ago #61043

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Zoltán Bach on topic Pegasus Falcon Rotator

I am brand new to Kstar EKOS. In two months, I got to know the system and transformed the management of my own monitoring site into an EKOS system. I just got stuck, bought a Pegasus Falcon rotator, I can’t fit it on a Rasberry Pi. I can't find a driver anywhere, I found it under Ubuntu and tried to install a laptop, but there was no driver and I can't select it. Can help me fit a Falcon rotator to Rasberry? Thank you very much in advance,
3 years 5 months ago #62774

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Pegasus Falcon Rotator

I'm trying to add the Pegasus Falcon rotator driver as per those 1.8.7 instructions in the link, but StellarMate complains that there is no 'add-apt-repository' command. Are there alternate install instructions for 1.8.7 or the Falcon driver?

EDIT: Seems I needed to install some common software with <em>sudo apt-get install software-properties-common</em> which gave me <em>add-apt-repository</em>, but now I get additional errors when I attempt it:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 95, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)    
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 93, in get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/buster

EDIT: May need to switch to nightly builds with the following? Confirm?
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding gsc
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by AirBourn.
3 years 5 months ago #62775

KStars/Ekos 3.5.0 on MacBook shows the Pegasus Falcon driver in the Aux list, but it does not show up on the StellarMate. Need some help getting the Falcon driver installed on the StellarMate, please.
3 years 5 months ago #62780

I connected via StellarMate app on an iPad, and switched to the Beta channel. After a restart, the Pegasus Falcon driver showed up in the Aux list in Ekos on the StellarMate, and now Ekos on MacOS connects remotely. Is there a way to switch between Beta and Stable channels via SM terminal instead of iPad app?
3 years 5 months ago #62783

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Pegasus Falcon Rotator

yes you can do it in terminal. To set to nightly/beta
sudo /etc/stellarmate/set-release.sh nightly

Back to stable
sudo /etc/stellarmate/set-release.sh stable
The following user(s) said Thank You: AirBourn
3 years 5 months ago #62788

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds