INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sesto Sento 2 - Ekos Astroberry on Raspberry PI 4 - USB Connection Issue

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I have a Sesto Senso 2 that I'm trying to control from Ekos installed on a Raspberry PI 4. I'm using Astroberry and my equipment is the below:

- Mount: AZ-EQ6 Pro
- Primary Scope Camera: Canon 700D
- Guide Camera: QHY 5 II Mono
- Focuser: Sesto Senso 2

Everything rather than the focuser works perfectly. The Sesto Senso 2 can't connect because of an USB issue. It seems that the USB is already used by another devise or process, I attached a picture of the 'Warning Message" and Ekos "Connection Tab".

I already created a new rules in /lib/udev/rules.d with the below:

<code>SUBSYSTEM=="tty", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="10c4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ea60", ATTRS{serial}=="insert_your_serial_here", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="sestosenso2"</code>

It didn't work.

Anyone can help with this issue?

Cheers.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Stefano.
3 years 6 months ago #61402
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi All,

I think I found the a solution.

Last night I was finally be able to check what process was using /dev/ttyUSB0 and I found out that it was gpsd. So I stopped and disabled it and Sesto Senso 2 connected to Ekos without any problem. I haven't test it yet but I'll give it a try tonight and fingers crossed everything will work. I'll let you know the result.

Cheers.
3 years 6 months ago #61435

Hi All,

A little update about this issue.

The problem is definitely gpsd that occupies dev/ttyUSB0 on the startup. I used the information on this post to modify the initial launch of the process. I opened /etc/default/gpsd and I just changed the USBAUTO option to "false", full script below:
# Start the gpsd daemon automatically at boot time
START_DAEMON="true"

# Use USB hotplugging to add new USB devices automatically to the daemon
USBAUTO="false"

# Devices gpsd should collect to at boot time.
# They need to be read/writeable, either by user gpsd or the group dialout.
DEVICES=""

# Other options you want to pass to gpsd
GPSD_OPTIONS="-n"

Now when I start Ekos on my Raspberry PI 4, Sesto Senso 2 is able to connect without any problem.

Last night there was a very cloudy sky and I couldn't do any test but I run the calibration of the focuser and it worked perfectly. I will give you some extra news when I'll get a chance to take some pictures.

Clear skies.

Cheers.
3 years 6 months ago #61518

Time to create page: 2.285 seconds