INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Focus Motor for SCT configuration for using AUX port

• Thank you received: 0
So just got a Celestron Focus Motor for SCT installed and calibrated using the hand controller.

I got it working last night using the USB and a separate power supply via astroberry just as the clouds began to roll in.

I never got the focuser to "connect" in Ekos using only the Aux port.

Under the "Profile Editor" -> "Focuser" section, I selected "Celestron SCT"

I THINK I also tried selecting "Celestron SCT" under the aux drop down, but am not sure. I think when I tried that I was having communication problems with the mount (incorrectly configured serial connections;)

Is there a different driver that I need to install on my Pi 4 running astroberry?

Bottom line is how do I configure my Celestron focuser in the profile editor to work via the aux port of my CGEM controlled by ekos via the hand controller?

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Jason. Reason: clarity
3 years 6 months ago #61744

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For AUX port, just use the Celestron mount driver and it will operate it. No need to specify a focuser driver.
3 years 6 months ago #61745

Sorry if this reply is repeated, I submitted twice but could not see my reply.

I also have this problem. Stellarmate, connected via USB to MiniUSB into the bottom of the hand controller of a NexStar Evolution mount. In Stellarmate I read that for an Evolution mount I should use the newer Celestron AUX driver, this seems to work fine for driving the mount, but I cannot see the Celestron SCT Focuser anywhere. I am at a bit of a loss, any advise would be much appreciated.

Bruce
2 years 10 months ago #72393

Jasem, could you please be more specific? I cannot see how to designate a mount driver for a focuser device.

I have tried to create a custom driver "Celestron Focuser AUX" as an alias to Celestron AUX, but no focuser is listed on the focuser tab.

Cheers,
Bruce
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Bruce Parker.
2 years 9 months ago #72705

Time to create page: 0.874 seconds