INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Need help for rotator project

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,
The problem is that I don't know where I should connect the L298N driver that you indicated at the beginning of the topic, to the arduino board.
The problem is that I don't know where to connect the L298N driver to the arduino board, because there are 4 inputs (IN1, IN2, IN3 and IN4) and the other two have bridges. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the same code as the one you gave me, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the same code.
I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I'm sure it's a good idea.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have a simple code to move the motor with the same library, to see if I have a good connection with the board.
See you soon
Christophe
2 years 6 months ago #75677

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
If you do not make tries, because you are scared or because you are not confident or other, just buy a commercial solution that is ready to works. As said before, this is not a finished project and I not seen project that are ready to use and fully working and freely avalilable.
You are focused on he software side, but if you do not have the hardware ready were you can install this software ..... for me this project is ended because is most complex have the hardware and mix it with the software.
For me a solution should be a double rotor with a side for the OAG and one for the main camera, but this is unrealible for me and i do not want spend much money for a rotor that not solve my problems
2 years 6 months ago #75678

Ok, I didn't understand, I thought you had made a rotator that worked on the principle of the drivers you gave me.

Because I already have a prototype that works with another driver that someone made, but it doesn't work with this driver and a nema motor.
That's why I was thinking of using the code that I thought you had made work for you.

See you soon
2 years 6 months ago #75685

File Attachment:

File Name: ArduinoRotator1.zip
File Size:4 KB
Bonjour
donc je n'arrive pas à faire fonctionner le code que "Alessendro" m'a gentiment fourni pour faire fonctionner le driver TB6612 avec un moteur nema.
I'm not even sure that the code doesn't work, because I already have a question about the connection, because according to the code he provided me with, there are 5 connections to be made to the driver, whereas on mine, I only have 4 free ports, because there are 2 that have a bridge between 2 pins.

So if someone has already used this driver with a nema engine or if someone can give me a hand to adapt or modify the code to make it work, it would be cool.
Because my knowledge in programming is not good

Best Regards
Christophe
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Porchet.
2 years 6 months ago #76011
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 21
From the Fritzing drawing here: create.arduino.cc/projecthub/ryanchan/ho...-motor-driver-b124c5 you can see DC motors with 2 pins driven, with 4 wires connected to the L298N driver board.

Nema17 are usually driven by A4988 stepsticks like shown here: ardufocus.com/manual/build-instructions/, with 4 wires connecting motor and step stick.

So are Nema17 compatible to L298N?
2 years 5 months ago #76126

Hi,
I've managed to get the code to work with the TB6612, but I don't know if I have all the functions.
I have a question when you select a rotator, can you control the orientation of the yellow square directly on the star map after the first photo?
Because that would be great!
Best Regards
Chris
2 years 5 months ago #76129

Hello
can you tell me where is the file of a driver in kstars,
because I would like to find which command it sends to the arduino and if it's possible to modify the layout (for a better translation in french).

Thanks a lot
Christophe
2 years 5 months ago #76155

• Thank you received: 0
cheers to everyone! I'm resurrecting this rather dated topic... I'd like to make a rotator for my reflex, and I wanted to know if this topic has been updated or not, maybe some pious and generous soul could put the useful files for Arduino and the stl files to print this nice project! thanks for the possible answers!
1 month 3 weeks ago #98868

Time to create page: 0.936 seconds