INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI-EAF driver issue

• Thank you received: 4
In my first test of the ASI-EAF focuser with the indi_asi_focuser driver the driver value "absolute position" was always decreasing regardless of the direction (reverse or not reverse) of the movement. As soon as the value "zero" is reached no movement is possible. To fix it a new initialization of the "absolute position" is needed. I guess that is not intended.
3 years 4 months ago #64481

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
'Reverse' and 'No Reverse' are only a configuration option to define what direction is 'focus out' and 'focus in'. If you use the INDI control panel, you have to press the respective 'Focus In' or 'Focus Out' button, then enter an step size in 'Relative motion', and a 'Set' there will move that amount in the direction defined by the buttons.
Or use the arrow up/down buttons in the focus tab of EKOS. They will move in steps of the 'initial step size' as defined in the 'Mechanics' Tab of the focus Tab.
3 years 4 months ago #64505

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Arnold Graf on topic ASI-EAF driver issue

Thanks a lot! I used Kstars as client with the German interface of the INDI control panel and the translation of "focus in" and "focus out" is a bit strange. So I tried to control motion direction for relative movement by the "inverse" buttons. In consequence movement was correct but absolute position was wrong.

But now I got it, thanks again!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
3 years 4 months ago #64536

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds