INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

NiteCrawler Issues

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my NiteCrawler up and running using a self-compiled indi installation from git. This is on a raspberry pi 4 running debian arm64 rather than the stock 32-bit packages. I can see from the dmesg log that the serial port gets created at ttyUSB0 with the ftdi_sio driver but no combo of trickery lets me connect – I always receive a timeout when the driver tries to query the firmware version. The same cable and focuser work fine from Windows through ASCOM but I have to power cycle the focuser or else ASCOM also refuses to the connect to the port. I

Using the the version of indi bundled with Kstars 3.5 on my Mac works just fine. I suspect it's a low-level serial issue related to the FTDI driver. Has anyone else bumped in these problems? For the matter, would someone be so kind as to send me their indi config for the NiteCrawler?

Thanks in advance,
Mo
3 years 2 months ago #66316

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic NiteCrawler Issues

Then this is likely some serial issue. Does it work fine on armhf?
3 years 2 months ago #66341

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mo Tabbara on topic NiteCrawler Issues

Hi Jasem,

I did a few different things to solve the issue: I connected a device with a ch340 chipset and that worked fine. I then added the pi user to tty in addition to having added the user to dialout beforehand and upgraded the kernel. Not sure whether it was the tty group or the kernel that did the trick but it's now working.

Cheers,
Mo
3 years 2 months ago #66367

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds