INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Having issues - focusing in scheduler.

• Thank you received: 69
perhaps tell me why I'm not able to focus here:

3 years 2 weeks ago #69539

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
It looks to me like you're likely too far out-of-focus. Autofocus should really be called "fine-tune focus". It doesn't work well with HFRs in the 10 range (it has trouble detecting stars and measuring their HFRs). Try to "manually autofocus" by clicking that "start framing" button near the top just below the red button, and then controlling the focus by entering different absolute focus positions and clicking the play button (also named "goto absolute focus posiiton" in the mouse-over).

If you manually get your focus in the ~2 range, then the autofocus algorithms can likely get it down further. FWIW, I'd recommend using the "Linear" algorithm and SEP detection in the "Process" subtab. You may have to play with the "Initial Step Size" in the Mechanics subtab.

Once you have your setup close to focus, you usually can rely on KStars to do the fine adjustments without having to re-manually focus.
Hy

3 years 2 weeks ago #69546

I'm not so sure, the issue was that when I went "AutoFocus" the only output I got was "Focusing Outward by 250 steps", it didn't even try to capture an image after that.
However, if I manually moved the focuser and manually captured an image then I could try and focus.

Seeing was terrible by the way, low cloud / light fog, so it wasn't an opportunity to capture any quality subs anyway.

I also tried unchecking Focus from the scheduler, but it still appears to try to focus.

All this with stable and also (in the video) checkout from git and compile.
3 years 2 weeks ago #69555

I'm pretty sure that this is an issue with interaction with the latest Kstars / SestoSenso2 INDI drivers from nightly / git.

I was finding that during the Autofocus routing was moving the focuser, but didn't appear to be updating the absolute position of the focuser, so the Autofocus routing reports that it is moving the focuser by 250 steps... and then it just hangs, never getting to the point where it starts to attempt an image capture.
Manually moving the focuser 250 steps and manually taking a capture was working.

I've just properly re-applied the Astroberry stable image and everything is working again (with the same INDI config files).

3 years 2 weeks ago #69626

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds