INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ESATTO 2 Focusing Hangout

• Thank you received: 155
I use a C11 EdgeHD at f/7.  Here's my settings for my Esatto focuser.
You will also see that I set the Annulus to prevent focusing on any far outer edge stars nor the center.

2 years 11 months ago #69699
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic ESATTO 2 Focusing Hangout

I had something similar with the SestoSenso2 driver from latest git. I reverted to Stable and now it works.
2 years 11 months ago #69705

• Thank you received: 0
thanks for the srceen shoot, i was really close to focus and the first step amount was still in a good range for the focus
will try with same setup first and then back to the stable version as mentioned by GILESCO
thanks
2 years 11 months ago #69708

that's working better with stable version !!

i want to re focus every 30min but sometimes its failed. according to you, which algorithm give the best result in term of stability, i mean can do 10 times focusing and result is always fine
and never failed

thanks for your feed back there
2 years 11 months ago #69809

that's working better with stable version !!

i want to re focus every 30min but sometimes its failed. according to you, which algorithm give the best result in term of stability, i mean can do 10 times focusing and result is always fine
and never failed

thanks for your feedback there
2 years 11 months ago #69810

• Thank you received: 18
I seem to be having a similar problem (perhaps associated with indilib upgrading to 1.9 - it was working with 1.8?). I can focus by looping and manually changing the position but autofocus hangs after it states it is making the initial move.  The indi control panel readout of the Esatto position seems odd as well.  If you tell it to move to a new position it does but the position doesn't update in the panel.  If you tell it to move again it does update to the new location.  It appears the focuser position isn't updating properly.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Thomas Mason.
2 years 10 months ago #70870

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic ESATTO 2 Focusing Hangout

Yes, I confirm I had the same issue with the SestoSenso2 driver, I'm not going to update my system to 1.9.0 until someone works out what went wrong, I think it might be as a result of changes to Ekos, as I have not found a specific commit with the driver that could cause this.
2 years 10 months ago #70873

• Thank you received: 54
I am having the same problem with my Esatto. On autofocus, it does a first move and sits there with a wrong position in the panel. It should have moved 5000 steps but reports a position much less than 5000 steps away from original.

Not knowing how the driver works, it seems as if the driver reads the focuser position only once and waits for the focuser to get to the prescribed position, which it never does softwarewise but does hardwarewise. This, I would assume, would make the autofocus procedure wait forever as it thinks the focuser is not there yet.
2 years 10 months ago #70875

This appears to be a driver issue. I need remote access to the focuser to diagnose the problem. If someone can give me remote access via Teamviewer to check it out, please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
2 years 10 months ago #70879

• Thank you received: 18
sent my teamviewer info to support
2 years 10 months ago #70885

Thanks, I opened a bug report here: github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1443

I asked Piotr to check it out as he is the driver developer and knows best what's going on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Gagnon
2 years 10 months ago #70896

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by Joaquin on topic ESATTO 2 Focusing Hangout

Not sure if the problem on the original post is already fixed and this is a different problem.
I want to confirm the behavior described in other post above with the Sesto Senso 2 focuser and the last stable Stellarmate:

In EKOS, if you manually tell the Sesto Senso focuser to move to a new position, it moves but the new position is not updated in the left panel.
If you press again, then the left panel is updated.

This is in the last Stellarmate stable and upgraded (After an upgrade on april 29, just now, a lot of indi libraries were upgraded again).

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Joaquin.
2 years 10 months ago #70921

Time to create page: 0.846 seconds