INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RSF Focuser driver not working with ekos for me

• Thank you received: 559
I've recently gotten an RSF focuser, e.g. www.tolgaastro.com/store/focusers/rainbow-astro-rsf10.html
and I see that there's an indi driver for it indilib.org/focusers/rainbow-astro-rsf.html

The focuser works with its hand control, and indi/ekos is clearly moving it, but it's not working well for me when using the Ekos focus tab
When I go to ekos and enter 1500 and click "go to absolute focus position", the hand controller does show it moving to -6.5 (and the focuser itself does move correctly), but Ekos doesn't show the position changing in the absolute focuser position window.
Also, if I click on focus-in or focus-out, it moves all the way to 0.0 (according to hand control) and, again, the absolution position display doesn't change.
The auto-focus routine doesn't work at all, as it basically just moves to 0.

I can try to fix this, but wanted to know if it was working for other people.

Thanks,
Hy
2 years 9 months ago #72398

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
To wrap up this thread, I debugged and fixed the Indi RSF driver. The new code is working for my hardware, and I left it back compatible just for the possibility that there were other versions of the RSF that needed the older interface (though I never got confirmation that it was working for anyone). It's in the Indi source code, and I suppose will be in the next Indi release.
Hy
2 years 9 months ago #72479

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds