INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_asi_ccd crashes on stable PPA

• Thank you received: 4
Having been using KStars/EKOS for a while with few issues for a while, I've just make the mistake of trying to do an apt-get update on my machine, now the ASI driver crashes whenever I try to connect.

I've seen a couple of threads on here from a month or so ago regarding similar issues in nightly builds but I've only ever used the stable PPA.
It looks to be a version mismatch as the logs report an undefined symbol as reported here www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/10003-i...n-connect.html#73460
The

This is x86_64 running Ubuntu 20.04.

I've tried running apt remove indi-full, and apt autoremove, which sure enough removes indi-asi and libasi too.

Reinstalling indi-full results in the following versions being installed:
indi-full = 1.9.1-202106280946-ubuntu20.04.1
indi-asi = 1.9~202106280200-ubuntu20.04.1
libasi = 1.18~202106271742-ubuntu20.04.1

ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libA* reports /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libASICamera2.so.1.19 though.

Does anyone know if those versions are correct? The libasi version looks suspicious
What libasi version is indi-asi expecting? Can I just force an installation of the correct version.

Surely the ASI driver dependencies haven't been broken for over a month in the PPA have they?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex
2 years 7 months ago #74577

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
I am also running on x86_64 20.04, KStar 3.5.4 stable and show the same version for those files you list. I do not appear to have the undefined symbol error to which you linked in the logs. Not noticing any current problems, using ZWO camera and filter wheel. Running updates on a weekly basis.
2 years 7 months ago #74595

Thanks that's good to know.
I've installed a fresh VM on another machine, I'll give that a go later and see whether that works, if it does, and it's working for you then I have no idea what the problem with my real machine might be.
2 years 7 months ago #74596

• Thank you received: 8
You could try looking up what package contains the file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libASICamera2.so.1.19. dpkg can do that, I just don't remember the right switch.
If everything checks out, I'm out of ideas, but I suspect there's a stray file here.
2 years 7 months ago #74598

It's libasi that provides the libASICamera2.so file, that's why I wondered about the version numbering, but it seems to be correct that libasi 1.18 provides libASICamera2.so.1.19
2 years 7 months ago #74600

• Thank you received: 42
In the past I have had version issues but it was due to having done local builds. The library directories involved and their search order were causing a mismatch with the $PATH sequence.
2 years 7 months ago #74601

No, I've only ever installed from the PPA, no local builds
2 years 7 months ago #74602

My fresh VM works fine, so it had to be a problem with the PC I use for EKOS.

Doing the following has fixed the problem for me:
apt purge kstars-bleeding indi-full
apt autoremove
reboot
apt install kstars-bleeding indi-full

It's a bit odd as I had already tried apt removing indi-full, either the purge made a difference or removing kstars did

Thanks for the help

Alex
2 years 7 months ago #74615

• Thank you received: 165
The libasi package also contains libraries for ZWO EAF focuser, EFW filter wheel and USB-ST4 interface in addition to the camera library and I've just increased the package version number every time one or more of them updates instead of using some magic number derived from four different version numbers :). So it's purely coincidental that the numbers happen to be close, earlier ZWO used date based versioning but recently moved to similar increasing versioning.
2 years 7 months ago #74655

Time to create page: 1.527 seconds