INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Setting device port when driver starts

• Thank you received: 0
Hello all,I’m trying to write a pretty simple bash script to start indiserver on a remote single board computer, and later connect from Kstars to this computer over network. The script works as expected, except for indi_duino. If I start indi_duino from Kstars, it initially tries to connect to /dev/ttyACM0, but the meteostation is at /dev/ttyUSB0. When I manually select the correct device in Kstars, the program correctly reads data from sensors. However, I cannot start indi_duino driver to work with meteostationSQM from the command line. Running following commandsindiserver -v -f ~/tmp/indiecho start indi_duino -s \"/usr/share/indi/meteostationSQM_sk.xml\" > ~/tmp/indiindi_getpropleads to the following output:Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_TEMPERATURE=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_HUMIDITY=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_PRESSURE=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_DEWPOINT=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_CLOUD_COVER=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_SKY_TEMPERATURE=0Arduino.WEATHER_PARAMETERS.WEATHER_SKY_QUALITY=0Arduino.WEATHER_STATUS.clouds=IdleArduino.WEATHER_STATUS.dew=IdleArduino.WEATHER_STATUS.frezzing=IdleArduino.WEATHER_STATUS.daylight=IdleArduino.CONNECTION.CONNECT=OffArduino.CONNECTION.DISCONNECT=OnArduino.IR.IR=0Arduino.IR.T=0Arduino.Pressure.P=0Arduino.Pressure.T=0Arduino.Humidity.HR=0Arduino.Humidity.T=0Arduino.Sky Quality.SQM=0Arduino.FAIL.MLX_FAIL=IdleArduino.FAIL.SQM_FAIL=IdleArduino.FAIL.BME_FAIL=IdleArduino.DRIVER_INFO.DRIVER_NAME=ArduinoArduino.DRIVER_INFO.DRIVER_EXEC=indi_duinoArduino.DRIVER_INFO.DRIVER_VERSION=0.6Arduino.DRIVER_INFO.DRIVER_INTERFACE=0Arduino.DEBUG.ENABLE=OffArduino.DEBUG.DISABLE=OnArduino.POLLING_PERIOD.PERIOD_MS=1000Arduino.CONFIG_PROCESS.CONFIG_LOAD=OffArduino.CONFIG_PROCESS.CONFIG_SAVE=OffArduino.CONFIG_PROCESS.CONFIG_DEFAULT=OffArduino.CONFIG_PROCESS.CONFIG_PURGE=OffArduino.CONNECTION_MODE.CONNECTION_SERIAL=OnArduino.CONNECTION_MODE.CONNECTION_TCP=OffArduino.SYSTEM_PORTS.1a86_USB2.0=OffArduino.DEVICE_PORT.PORT=/dev/ttyACM0Arduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.9600=OffArduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.19200=OffArduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.38400=OffArduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.57600=OnArduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.115200=OffArduino.DEVICE_BAUD_RATE.230400=OffArduino.DEVICE_AUTO_SEARCH.INDI_ENABLED=OffArduino.DEVICE_AUTO_SEARCH.INDI_DISABLED=OnArduino.DEVICE_PORT_SCAN.Scan Ports=OffFirst, the name of the device is Arduino, but not Arduino MeteoStation SQM. Second, I cannot read sensors data. Setting correct port with indi_setprop "Arduino.DEVICE_PORT.PORT=/dev/ttyUSB0" doesn’t allow to get the data from sensors. Could anyone help me with starting the Arduino MeteoStation SQM from command line?
2 years 6 months ago #75645

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Welcome to INID. Why use script when you can use INDI Web Manager?
2 years 6 months ago #75646

It is easier for me to connect the SBC over ssh and run a script

I've realized that after setting a correct port to meteostation, I have to reconnect to the device. Now I've got the data from sensors. I can make a workaround in the script and can add a few lines of the code, but still, is it possible to set correct port, when starting a driver from a command line?
2 years 6 months ago #75647

No, INDI driver must be started, then you can use indi_setprop to set the port *before* you connect to the device. The port is usually saved in the driver config file, so I don't see why this is necessary to do everytime?
2 years 6 months ago #75648

I've got the idea, thank you very much!
2 years 6 months ago #75650

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds