INDI Library v1.9.3 Released (11 Nov 2021)

Bimonthly Stable INDI Library release introduces new drivers and fixes for existing ones. Some highlights:

Scheduler not stopping for twilight constraint

• Thank you received: 24
Hy,

I have rebuilt kstars on my development machine and tested it with the simulators and it appears fixed.

Paul
Losmandy G11 with Gemini 2 controller
QSI 583/683 monochrome camera with filter wheel
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 guide camera
Microtouch Focuser controlled using Arduino UNO emulating Feathertouch controller
Raspberry Pi 2GB with Raspberry Pi OS 32bit
1 month 2 weeks ago #76772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Good to see, thanks for the update, I hope the weather improves for me, but I am working on a cooling solution at the moment so my rig is apart. I will get around to testing it later.

Cheers Malcolm
1 month 2 weeks ago #76775

Hy,

Contrary to my previous email, there is still a problem when running this with the simulators.
I set a scheduler job in the afternoon, to run from twilight, but it didn't start and I have just noticed that it seems to have scheduled it for the next day.
I am set to Melbourne, Australia which is currently in daylight savings time +11, AEDT.

Paul

Microtouch Focuser controlled using Arduino UNO emulating Feathertouch controller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malcolm Whinfield
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Paul. Reason: REPEATED text
1 month 1 week ago #76864
Attachments:

Actually, mine has not changed, it is still starting not following the Job Constraints. 
1 month 1 week ago #76870
Attachments:

I run a scheduled session starting after twilight to maintain the ASAP and the Twilight schedule. It was completed within the job constraint time minus 1 hour.
As it didn't complete the session it rescheduled it 2 days later. This confirms Pauls findings.

Most probably Australia only issue. Admittedly Daylight savings is not observed in every state. I know QLD and WA do not use Daylight saving. The rest I am not sure.

Malcolm
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Malcolm Whinfield. Reason: Add little more information.
1 month 1 week ago #76914

Malcolm, Hy,

I reran this test yesterday, again using the simulators and I think it did actually wake up as instructed.

The problem, when I looked at the log displayed at the bottom was that it never completed a focus, it just kept trying, and so never captured any images, which I took to mean it did not wake up.

Of course, I was not actually watching what happened at the time.

Paul

File Attachment:

File Name: INDI_test1.txt
File Size:24 KB

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Paul.
1 month 1 week ago #76943
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.476 seconds