I have a test script for each method and some example images to torture them.
I will post each set of test images for cv2 matchTemplate() and scikit blob_dog(). There is quite a bit of tuning that can be done to each method that can affect the results. You can increase sensitivity in one case but increase the false positive rate in another. The settings I have found seem to work well across each type of image I have.
I also tried to use the python sep module, but ultimately, it would not accept any data from INDI. INDI [mostly] produces 16-bit unsigned integer FITS data, where sep seemed to want 32-bit floating point FITS data. I may have the types slightly wrong, but I never could get sep to accept FITS data from INDI.
I use the soft of Thomas Jacquin for two years with a ASI 224MC. It's great but I would like to use a DMK41 usb instead the ASI224MC.
It's not possible with the soft AllSky of Thomas Jacquin..
Do you think is it possible whit your soft ?
It seems like the new Pi zero 2 W might be well suited to running indi-all sky, it might be a little memory starved (512 MB) for full up StellarMate but it is the same cpu as Pi3 so should be OK for this?
Borg 107FL on RST-135, Astro-Tech AT130EDT on GM1000HPS; SkyShed Pier; QHY600PH Chroma LRGBHSO; QHY5-III-462C; IR Guiding WO Uniguide 50 & ASI290mm mini; ASUS PN51 ubuntu, kstars/ekos, & firecapture; Pegasus PPBA; Stellarvue Optimus + WO Redcat, Skyguider Pro RT90C, rPi4/stellarmate
I believe the DMK41 is a v4l2 device. My software will work with v4l2 devices, but there are caveats.
I have tested a couple of other v4l2 devices, mainly web cams. None of the devices I tested had any adjustable gain settings (via INDI) and true exposures were limited to about 1 second. Long exposures seemed to be simulated by internally stacking multiple frames together. These cameras seem to be intended for video/planetary cameras and not really long exposure deep sky stuff.
I am willing to work with you if you want to do some testing.