INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 3
I have a question
what do you answer to the question during the installation and what is the purpose of the "user", "password", "full name" and "email"

Chris
1 year 2 months ago #90574

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
Authentication used to be a simple .htaccess type authentication handled by the web server, but I recently added authentication directly in the indi-allsky web application.

The full name and email do not really matter at the moment, only the username and password are critical.

Ultimately, I am trying to make the web interface fully hardened so that it can be Internet facing.
1 year 2 months ago #90576

• Thank you received: 3
Hi
so I think it's installed, but how do I check because I can't launch the web page.
How do you do it?

Regards
chris
1 year 2 months ago #90585

• Thank you received: 14
Find out what the IP address of you pi is (look in your router or set a static one if you know how), then https to it.
eg My pik is at 192.168.1.55 (I put " to stop indi forum mangling web address.
"https://192.168.1.55/indi-allsky/"
Ignore any warning about unsafe (you are not connected to your bank !!). If using chrome browser "proceed to unsafe" and you should
get the login page. Use the username and password you set. It probably wont ask you next time.
Nick
1 year 2 months ago #90589

• Thank you received: 4
after running indi-allsky successfully for a long time using the old camera stack and indi driver, I decided to migrate to libcamera and the native picamera support. I started with a fresh install of Raspbian Pi OS 11 (64bit) bullseye on my RPi 4 (4GB). Building indi with the supplied script worked without a problem. Setup.sh also run without a problem. But at the end, I did not get a picture. Looking into the log I noticed that rawpy was not available. Switching manually into the venv indi-allsky and running pip install rawpy again did not work. I had to manually install rawpy using:
git clone https://github.com/letmaik/rawpy
cd rawpy
pip install cython
pip install .
After restarting indi-allsky, it is running well now.

CS, Markus
1 year 2 months ago #90615

one motivation for the change was my hope to get rid of the greenish tint. Even using SNCR Maximum Neutral and Auto White Balance, it is still visible and Red/Blue is not brilliant. Using qcam, the pictures look perfectly balanced. qcam is open source, shouldn't it be possible to learn the trick and get similar results?

CS, Markus
1 year 2 months ago #90618

Aaron - still having exposure issues. Ive updated to latest git (19 Feb 2023 1914 UTC)
My set up: pi4 2MB, raspberry pi os bullseye arm64, libcamera, pi HQ camera IMX477. gunicorn.conf.py is set to default values.
(60 sec max exposure).
A few days ago I had the allsky box outside and it seemed to work ok. I don't leave it out but put it out when imaging
so I can get a full sky view of clouds and other issues (eg neighbours floodlighting). The last time the allsky was put out in the afternoon
and was there all night and seemed fine. The night exposures registered as 60 seconds.
Tonight I put it out at 7pm - well after sunset here and shows night mode.
The first image has an exposure of .001 and is black (as are all subsequent exposures).
I notice that the exposure is creeping up by a factor of about 1.17 each time.
This is going to take nearly 2.5hours to reach the correct exposure (60s) as the time between exposures is set to 120 seconds.
Some sort of auto exposure issue ? How about setting a minimum night exposure ? That might expedite the proceedure.
Thanks
Nick
1 year 2 months ago #90685

You can set a default exposure value in your config of like 0.1 or 1.0 and it should get things going much faster.
1 year 2 months ago #90688

The difference between what you are seeing with qcam and indi-allsky is indi-allsky is taking a raw image. Raw images cannot have any color correction applied otherwise dark frames would not be possible.

The other thing that I do not think a lot of people notice is that normal libcamera processing actually takes two images. The first image (which is thrown away) is a preview image which I assume is used to perform the color balancing. This also means you lose a lot more time/data between images.

I may play options for the JPEG setting in indi-allsky since you cannot perform dark frame calibration anyway.
1 year 2 months ago #90689

thanks for the explanation. For my use case I would not mind to have a bigger gap between pictures and perfect color balance and vivid colors.
How is dark frames supposed to work without a regulated cooling camera or a shutter?

timelapse video generation does not work here:
Feb 20 06:50:58 pihole [WARNING] MainProcess allsky._generateNightTimelapse() #1605: Generating night time timelapse for 20230219 camera 1
Feb 20 06:50:59 pihole [INFO] VideoWorker005 video.generateVideo() #273: Found 2659 images for timelapse
Feb 20 06:51:00 pihole [INFO] VideoWorker005 miscDb.addVideo() #258: Adding video /var/www/html/allsky/images/20230219/allsky-timelapse_ccd1_20230219_night.mp4 to DB
Feb 20 06:51:47 pihole [INFO] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #87: FFMPEG ran for 46.6621 s
Feb 20 06:51:47 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #88: FFMPEG failed to generate timelapse, return code: 1
Feb 20 06:51:47 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #89: FFMPEG output: b'[swscaler @ 0x153f340] [warning] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly\nx264 [error]: malloc of size 38600544 failed\n[fatal] Video encoding failed\n'
Feb 20 06:51:47 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #93: FFMPEG created broken video file, cleaning up
Feb 20 08:00:49 pihole [INFO] VideoWorker005 miscDb.addStarTrailVideo() #357: Adding star trail video /var/www/html/allsky/images/20230219/allsky-startrail_timelapse_ccd1_20230219_night.mp4 to DB
Feb 20 08:01:28 pihole [INFO] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #87: FFMPEG ran for 37.6062 s
Feb 20 08:01:28 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #88: FFMPEG failed to generate timelapse, return code: 1
Feb 20 08:01:28 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #89: FFMPEG output: b'[swscaler @ 0x14fe340] [warning] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly\nx264 [error]: malloc of size 38600544 failed\n[fatal] Video encoding failed\n'
Feb 20 08:01:28 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 timelapse.generate() #93: FFMPEG created broken video file, cleaning up
Feb 20 08:01:28 pihole [ERROR] VideoWorker005 video.generateKeogramStarTrails() #540: Failed to generate startrails timelapse

It worked in my old installation...

CS, Markus
1 year 2 months ago #90711

Thanks Aaran.
.1 or 1 is probably overexposed for during day. Will think about that. It seems to work fine when outside 24/7 as this gives
the exposures time to adjust as light level changes. I was thinking of a separate config section for exposure during night vs day. Maybe that's just my problem as I don't run it all the time.
Cheers,
Nick
1 year 2 months ago #90712

Looks like you are having out of memory errors. You need to set your FFMPEG Scaling to 75% or 50%
1 year 2 months ago #90723

Time to create page: 1.607 seconds