INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 46
Now I've installed indi-allsky on Ubuntu 20.04.4, installation went fine but for some reason I had to install opencv manually.
Trying to connect to localhost with Firefox it asks for User/Password.. ?? I tried using my accounts but it didn't accept my credentials, so what credentials do I suppose to use ??

Br, Markku
1 year 11 months ago #82241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
Hi Aaron,

reboot solved the DBUS problem, thank you for the tip. I also identified the remote option in the config page.The setup.sh asks for a local device, I choosed the simulator cam, but maybe there should be an option for remote devices.

Final remaining problem is the webservice. I have commented out the disabling of competing webservers in setup,sh and edited ports.conf and indi-allsky.conf. The script ran fine but webservice on port 444 does not work. Would need a working example.

Maybe a docker container would be a good solution to avoid installation troubles and redirect web port access.

Markus
1 year 11 months ago #82242

although u defined the remote indi server/port, how do I define/select/configure the right camera?

EDIT: it worked automagicallly after a few minutes. So now I can prove that indi-allsky works with an RPI HQ cam attached to a Pi Zero W running Indiserver.

Markus
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Markus Kempf.
1 year 11 months ago #82246

• Thank you received: 65
The credentials are just username "admin" and password "secret".
1 year 11 months ago #82251

The camera selection in the setup.sh script is just to setup the correct driver in the local indiserver--in the case of a remote indiserver connection, this does not matter. The indi-allsky software just selects the first camera detected by the indiserver. If you happen to have two cameras connected, the first returned by the indiserver would be used.

The database does track the camera used for each set of darks, so it will not confuse darks between different cameras (unless it is two cameras of the same model).
1 year 11 months ago #82252

I have merged and update to allow overriding the web server ports in the setup.sh script. Let me know how that works.
1 year 11 months ago #82253

Hi Aaron,

it worked! I changed the setup.sh for port 444 (http) and the script completed its work and apache2 started. I could access the web page and do the configuration. For the first time I changed the image path and initially forgot to rerun the script. After doing that all was fine. THANK YOU!!!

Markus

PS: the disablement of other web servers (nginx, lighttpd) should be optional, I had to manually reenable/restart them...
1 year 11 months ago #82265

Agreed. I have removed the disable of the other web servers and instead issued a warning if they are running.
1 year 11 months ago #82284

I have developed a fairly exciting new feature for indi-allsky. The dark frame generation subsystem now supports stacking multiple frames using sigma clipping to generate a proper calibrated master dark. The process is fully automated and the resulting dark frames are considerably higher quality versus using a single frame [for darks]. I was dealing with very noticeable fixed pattern noise on my color camera and the new darks have basically eliminated the noise.

In addition, if you have the patience, the dark frame subsystem can also generate a series of temperature calibrated master darks if you desire.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki...k-Calibration-Frames
1 year 11 months ago #82285

I just setup another test with my HQ camera and you are right, things are very green. Even with the auto white-balance enabled, it has a green tint--like being in the matrix.

Reading around the Internet, this seems to be a common problem with reading RAW data from the RPi HQ camera.
1 year 11 months ago #82348

I have tagged another release of indi-allsky. For this release, I have added the ability to publish data from the all sky camera system to an MQTT broker. Also included a script to easily deploy a local mosquitto MQTT service to your system.

I have been using an MQTT client on my mobile phone to get real-time updates from my all sky cameras. The experience is definitely interesting.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/MQTT-Broker-Publishing

If you upgrade to this release, you will need to re-run the setup.sh script to install the new python modules and handle the database changes that are included.
1 year 11 months ago #82432

Do you know what version of Armbian you are running?

I would have ordered a tinkerboard, but they do not seem to be in stock anywhere. I ordered a couple of SoCs based on Rockchip CPUs and have tested at least one of them and I was able to get indi-allsky running. I have at least validated one non-Raspberry Pi hardware will work.
1 year 11 months ago #82493

Time to create page: 1.450 seconds