INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 65
I have tagged another release of indi-allsky. For this release, I have added the ability to publish data from the all sky camera system to an MQTT broker. Also included a script to easily deploy a local mosquitto MQTT service to your system.

I have been using an MQTT client on my mobile phone to get real-time updates from my all sky cameras. The experience is definitely interesting.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/MQTT-Broker-Publishing

If you upgrade to this release, you will need to re-run the setup.sh script to install the new python modules and handle the database changes that are included.
1 year 11 months ago #82432

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you know what version of Armbian you are running?

I would have ordered a tinkerboard, but they do not seem to be in stock anywhere. I ordered a couple of SoCs based on Rockchip CPUs and have tested at least one of them and I was able to get indi-allsky running. I have at least validated one non-Raspberry Pi hardware will work.
1 year 11 months ago #82493

• Thank you received: 4
Hi Aaron,

you can convert the raw files to the DNG format and correct the whitebalance using PiDNG (github.com/schoolpost/PiDNG) Maybe the easiest solution.
Here you can find the necessary CCM matrix for conversion: git.linuxtv.org/libcamera.git/tree/src/i...ypi/data/imx477.json if you want to program it into your code.

Markus
1 year 11 months ago #82548

I am thinking about just making my own white balance options that can be applied to any camera. I am having a tough time justifying putting much more investment in the indi_rpicam driver. It is becoming increasingly apparent that it may be a dead end.

Arm64 is set to become the de facto architecture for ARM SoCs and the library used to communicate with the Raspi HQ camera (MMAL) is not compatible with arm64. The Raspberry Pi folks are working on replacement libraries, but INDI support is based on MMAL, so INDI is probably starting from scratch if someone wants to try to support the libcamera library.

Maybe I am wrong (I hope I am wrong) but the outlook is not so good.
1 year 11 months ago #82555

Yes unfortunately, we have to start migrating toward libcamera. It's a lot of work, but needs to be done. At least V4L2 is still working just fine.
1 year 11 months ago #82566

• Thank you received: 3
Hello
I'm looking for someone to help me and I've managed to get the images from the camera(asi120), but I can't get the web page on my tinkerboard.
Where do I find the configuration of the web page?
Regards
Chris
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Porchet.
1 year 10 months ago #82682

Normally, the web server is running on port 443, unless you are running Astroberry, which it will run on port 444. The setup script should return a URL you can try to use.
1 year 10 months ago #82747

• Thank you received: 2
Hi Aaron,

I have written an app for cloud detection/classification to run alongside your indi-allsky (great job there, btw). You may want to take a look: www.pampaskies.com/gallery3/Equipment/Al...-Condition-Detection

cheers,
Ignacio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Aaron Morris
1 year 10 months ago #82835

• Thank you received: 4
the DBUS problem reappeared after a reboot and this time I found the solution without another reboot. The environment variable XDG_RUNTIME_DIR has to be set to /run/user/$UID.

Markus
1 year 10 months ago #82862

• Thank you received: 3
Hello
I've got it working on my tinkerboard, but now I've got another problem, but it's nothing to do with the program itself.
I'm not sure what to do about it, but I'd like to know what I need to do to connect to the web page address from an external network.

Thanks
1 year 10 months ago #82941

I am glad you got it working! I have been testing on a few new SoCs and I have had pretty good success with RockChip.

github.com/aaronwmorris/indi-allsky/wiki/Supported-SoC-Hardware

If you want to connect from outside your network, I think you should look up the "port forwarding" functionality of your Internet router.
1 year 10 months ago #82982

• Thank you received: 2
Will an old v1.7 Raspberry Pi camera work with indi-allsky?

I am also building indi-allsky on an Rpi 3 Bullseye installation. Judging from the time to build it, I may be a little too ambitious!

Thanks
1 year 10 months ago #83130

Time to create page: 1.985 seconds