INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 9
Yes I saw that and tried port 80, 81 and 82 no luck....
1 year 9 months ago #83770

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
raspberrypi.local:444

Failing that, discover the actual IP of the Astroberry and use that instead of raspberrypi.local

The .local address relies on something called multicastDNS or mDNS to work, and not all systems support it.

You can always use netstat to discover what ports are listening on your system, it will be one of those.
1 year 9 months ago #83775

• Thank you received: 65

Just to restate what @Giles already mentioned. Astroberry is a special case since it already has nginx running on port 443. indi-allsky will setup an alternate listener using nginx on port 444.

You should be able to use astroberry.local:444/ or raspberrypi.local:444/
1 year 9 months ago #83784

I am glad you got it working after the troubles you had! Feel free to open an issue in GitHub related to any improvements.
1 year 9 months ago #83785

• Thank you received: 9
Thank you everybody for your input. Yes using astroberry.local:444/ does work.
I found more in depth discussion on cloudynights here www.cloudynights.com/topic/785514-new-al...oftware-indi-allsky/
Cant wait to try it out.... Bruce
1 year 8 months ago #83905

I have just released v4.0 of indi-allsky which includes meteor/line detection for the images.

All in all, the detection works very well. On the very first night of testing, I managed to capture a meteor and the line detection flagged the image. Detection works slightly better with a monochrome camera, but I have been surprised by how accurate the detection works across all of my cameras.

The only weak point in the detection is "clouds". Just like our imaginations can see objects in clouds, the edge detection can be thrown off when clouds are arranged certain ways.

The detection is also very fast, taking a mere 0.1s to analyze a 1920x1080 image on Raspberry Pi hardware.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Aaron Morris.
1 year 8 months ago #84218

I have created a timelapse video to show the star and line detection abilities in indi-allsky. Hopefully, this can demystify what is going on in the background.

I added a new option to highlight the detected stars (red circles) and lines detected (green lines) within the detection area. If you look carefully, you can see there are some false positives for both. Defraction/reflection artifacts from the dome can be detected as stars. Same for lines. Also, the edges of clouds can sometimes be detected as lines.

Startrails:

Note: There are some dark areas center left. This my oldest allsky camera (sv305) and a couple of years in the sun have caused some striations to develop in the plastic dome.
1 year 8 months ago #84450
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
I really like indi-allsky, and have been using it for several months now. As a minor issue, does anyone else have problems with the lunar and solar orbs positions? Mine seem to be out by 180 degrees, despite no image flipping. Times and locations are all correct, and I cannot see any way to adjust the positions. It makes no difference to the utility of indi-allsky, but it niggles my OCD! Any ideas how to correct it?
Regards
Tim
1 year 7 months ago #85043

Hello Tim, what is your configured latitude and longitude and where do you live? I just want to double check the logic.

Can you upload an image here so I can see what you are seeing?

The orbs are drawn on the image after any flipping is done, so that should not affect anything.
1 year 7 months ago #85044

Hi Aaron. Thanks for all your work on indi-allsky.
My Lat and Long are +50.98, -2.67. The current picture is attached. North is top(ish), East is left. Time is UTC+1, Moon should be at Az 72 El -32, Sun at Az 122, El43 according to Ekos. Indi-Allsky shows correct Elevations in status window.
Kind regards.
Tim

1 year 7 months ago #85061
Attachments:

I need to add another screenshot in my project regarding the orbs. The orbs do not reflect the altitude or azimuth, but the local hour angle of the sun and the moon. 12o clock on the local hour angle (top center of the image) should be when the sun/moon reaches the meridian in the sky. The notches on the side are the hour angles for the sun when -6 (civil twilight), -12 (nautical twilight), and -18 (astronomical twilight) below the horizon.
1 year 7 months ago #85086

Hi Aaron, thank you. Now I understand. I thought that they indicated the solar and lunar azimuths when those bodies are not visible. My mistake. Thanks again for all your work.
Kind regards
Tim
1 year 7 months ago #85087

Time to create page: 1.093 seconds