INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 65
You may want to forgo using Raspian 10 and just use the libcamera support on Raspian 11 64-bit instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurt Bierbaum
1 year 7 months ago #85516

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I guess this is confusing since Raspbian 11 already has libcamera support.

Would it be safe to say for Raspbian 11 arm64:
Compile indi with build_indi.sh for indilib supported cameras
OR
Use libcamera for Raspberry PI HQ camera ?

---Answered own question:

Ah, that would be a NO, build_indi.sh is required regardless.
Thanks
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Bill. Reason: correction
1 year 7 months ago #85517

It's alright, I started development of the indi-libcamera driver now. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have something usable.
1 year 7 months ago #85523

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks, Aaron.

I installed Bullseye 64-bit, used the build_indi script and connected the HQ camera via libcamera (I installed on raspy 4, that's much faster compared to raspi3). This seems to work on raspy 3 & 4 , both services are now running.
I now want to get some experience and might com back with questions if needed.

Thanks
Kurt
1 year 7 months ago #85526

• Thank you received: 11
Thanks a lot! It's just what I needed. I had to install a few libs:

<code>sudo apt-get install libindi-dev libcamera-dev libcamera-apps libboost-program-options-dev</code>

Unfortunately, I get build errors on buster complaining about "addFitsKeyWords" being unknown and I had to copy the /usr/include/libcamera/libcamera/* files to the parent dir.

Fixing those and starting the driver works, but I can't see images and the size is 0,0, likewise the pixel size.

Any help here would be appreciated!
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Anjo. Reason: Fixed boost error
1 year 7 months ago #85527

We shouldn't hijack this thread, I'll create another topic for this driver: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/12177-indi-libcamera-driver.html
1 year 7 months ago #85529

• Thank you received: 0
Excited about this update Aaron - even more-so if we can get the appropriate INDIlib driver sorted as I'm sure people using the library will have other applications where these cameras could be used.
1 year 7 months ago #85533

This update was really more of an experiment for me to see if I could acquire images from other sources. The time lapse part of the code does not particularly care where the data comes from.

It was never my intention to push for a new driver in indi. I am not that subtle. :-) Although, I can see how my post could be perceived that way.

Recently, I have been following the Allsky Camera group on facebook and there has been a lot of activity and interest in the new Waveshare IMX378-190 camera that has an integrated lens. It is a compelling product at $50 and is perfect for all sky cameras, although I think the view might be a bit too wide.
1 year 7 months ago #85535

Hi all,
is there an easy way to change the web page's port?
I tried to edit /etc/apache2/ports.conf and virtual port on /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/allsky-indi.conf without success or the only option is to edit setup.sh and install again?
Best regards
Pierre
1 year 6 months ago #85977

You can run setup.sh as many time as you need. It will not hurt your existing installation.

You can either edit setup.sh or just edit the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/allsky-indi.conf file directly. You just need to restart the apache2 service when finished.

I believe the setup.sh script comments out the Listen directives in ports.conf, so the only file you need to edit is the site.
1 year 6 months ago #85980

ok; thank you very much!
1 year 6 months ago #85991

I am continuing to make improvements to indi-allsky.

I was able to implement an interesting enhancement. Since indi drives the underlying camera, I decided to integrate [virtual] telescope and GPS functionality from the respective servers. I used the Telescope Simulator and the GPSd servers to get information about where the camera is located as well as where it is pointed. The telescope simulator is [virtually] slewed to the zenith of the current location which is detected by GPS.

Since the Telescope Simulator is used, if the FITS files are exported, they are properly tagged with time, site latitude/longitude, and RA/dec of the sky for each image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim
1 year 3 months ago #88865

Time to create page: 1.678 seconds