INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 17
I know I was interested in your software when I first saw it, over a year ago, but I still am running the original "Instructables" software from Thomas. I should get back to updating to your program.

Did you ever look into incorporating an evaluation of "seeing" from the images? It would be useful for establishing exposure times for people who are imaging thru telescopes. Forgive me if I asked this before or if someone else has already asked, I did not read thru all the responses, this time.
1 year 3 months ago #89461

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66

In Kstars/EKOS, select Mode "Remote" instead of Local and use "localhost" for the address. indi-allsky starts its own indiserver service so you do not need to launch a second one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferran
1 year 3 months ago #89462

If I had a way of measuring seeing, I would certainly try to implement something. I have had done some exploration with others about trying to measure the apparent/absolute magnitude of the sky (like a proper SQM). It is extremely difficult. Measuring magnitude would require controlling for 2 variables that are unique to almost every allsky camera: QE/frequency response of the sensor and the lens.

I would love some help in getting even a close approximation of magnitude converting an ADU value to a magnitude. It would almost certainly require some local offset for every camera/lens combination, I just do not quite understand the math involved.
1 year 3 months ago #89465

• Thank you received: 0
Yes, I try it, but when uses remote INDI server the telescope mount, filter wheel and other cameras are missing, only ZWO ASI and Telescope simulator appear.

Regards

Ferran
1 year 3 months ago #89470

You can add the additional servers/drivers in ~/.config/systemd/user/indiserver.service and restart (and reboot) so that the indiserver has all of the drivers. I just merged a change that would allow you to specify the camera name in the config in case you have multiple cameras attached. indi-allsky normally just selects the first available camera it detects.

There are also ways to daisy chain indiservers together. Let me know if you are interested in that.
1 year 3 months ago #89515

• Thank you received: 223
Found the following error:
./setup.sh: line 1267: /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate: No such file or directory

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate
ls: cannot access '/home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/bin/activate': No such file or directory
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/
.gitignore lib/ local/ pyvenv.cfg
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ ll /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/local/bin/activate
-rw-rw-r-- 1 heidenrod heidenrod 2187 Feb 6 14:53 /home/heidenrod/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/local/bin/activate
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$

RESOLVED:
edited the wrong path in setup.sh
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
1 year 2 months ago #90235

Also this one:
Failed to connect to bus: Operation not permitted (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)

Resolved from a previous post of mine in this thread:
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/$(id -u)
1 year 2 months ago #90236

Flask command issue.

./setup.sh: line 1848: flask: command not found

heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$ pip3 list | grep -i flask
Flask 2.2.2
Flask-Login 0.6.2
Flask-Migrate 4.0.4
Flask-SQLAlchemy 3.0.3
Flask-WTF 1.1.1
heidenrod@heidenrod-obs:~/GitHubstuff/indi-allsky$

RESOLVED:
I've added the direct path to flask in the setup.sh file
1 year 2 months ago #90239

I am happy you got it resolved.

It looks to me like the python modules were setup without a virtual environment. The setup.sh script assumes a virtual environment will be used. If it is not, the gunicorn service will also have to be updated.
1 year 2 months ago #90244

• Thank you received: 14
Hi Aaron. Any pointers to good config.json and other settings for pi HQ imx477 camera ?
I have it working (pi4, bullseye, arm64, astroberry repo, latest indi-allsky git), but
I am having issues with too low exposure (esp night) and green glow issue, so white balance is way off.
Cheers,
Nick
1 year 2 months ago #90433

• Thank you received: 1
Just installed this, on my Raspberry Pi 4 2 GB with a Pi HQ camera.

It won't allow me to save any any changes made in config tab. I just get the message: "Please fix the errors above. And the issues then seems to be that it says that IMX477 is an invalid camera interface. No pictures seem to be taken.

What do I do?
1 year 2 months ago #90465

What lens are you using and what are your exposure settings?

For the green bias, enable the SCNR setting with Maximum Neutral and it should correct that issue.
1 year 2 months ago #90499

Time to create page: 2.030 seconds