INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 4
you got it right, /tmp was full. I deleted dozens of tmp*.fit files created by indi-allsky and it should have enough space again. The exposure error went away with the sunset happening right now. Yes, I have used/tested libcamera with JPEG mode. It provided excellent pictures. Would be nice if the same quality could be achieved with raw. The secret sauce of the PiHQ camera firmware should not be a well hidden enigma.
After the git pull and restart the System menu is working now, but the May 10 20:58:32 localhost [ERROR] ImageWorker001 image.processImage() #655: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/containers/storage/overlay' is still there.
With default exposure 0.01 it works now again.

CS, Markus
11 months 1 week ago #92748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
I have implemented subtracting the offset from the image from indi_pylibcamera. I had already implemented from the libcamera-still side (it was automatically subtracted in JPEG mode).

I do not know why libcamera implemented this crazy offset... the standard offset for most of their camera modules is 4096 (in a 16-bit space). This basically means the image has a minimum RGB color of #101010, a light gray. It gives the image a hazy look. If you take dark frames, this would be eliminated, but the offset is so high, it needs to be subtracted if you do not have them.

I am not a big fan of the auto white balance from libcamera. It does give proper color balance, but it has a very nasty side effect at night. During the day, there is enough light, libcamera can give proper color offsets on the first exposure. However, at night, there is so little light, it has to repeat the exposure internally 3-6 times to return proper balance. This means a 30s exposure can take 120 seconds to complete. This is one of the reasons I implemented SCNR (from the PixInsight docs) to reduce the green bias from the camera.

Edit: I also increased the max gain for imx477 and imx378 to 22.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus Kempf
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Aaron Morris.
11 months 1 week ago #92753

Aaron, thanks a lot for the quick updates! It's running with the latest release and the pic looks crisper with the offset correction. I use it with a circular fisheye lens and the area outside the image circle is pitch black now and not middle grey. For the daytime pictures it would be good to use the libcamera auto white balance mode and for nighttime you may switch to another WB mode. btw the ImageWorker001 image.processImage() #659: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/containers/storage/overlay' error is still in the log.

CS, Markus
11 months 1 week ago #92759

The error is caught and just logged. Can you show me the output of "df"? I may just hard code the exclude of that filesystem.

indi_pylibcamera does not currently support changing the AWB modes. I may try to make the modification myself and submit a PR.

Try using the the SCNR option on "Maximum Neutral" it almost completely eliminates the green bias from the images, although I realize the colors are not quite the same.
11 months 6 days ago #92764

I already use the SNCR option with Maximum neutral. The df output:
Dateisystem      1K-Blöcke     Benutzt   Verfügbar Verw% Eingehängt auf
udev               3957356           0     3957356    0% /dev
tmpfs               797788       12456      785332    2% /run
/dev/sda2        106377928    81302296    19625700   81% /
tmpfs              3988924          88     3988836    1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 5120           4        5116    1% /run/lock
/dev/sda1           523248         152      523096    1% /boot/efi
tmpfs              3988924      505876     3483048   13% /tmp
/dev/sdb1       1921724676   430857688  1490850604   23% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSData
disks          36960024576 20394953216 16565071360   56% /disks
tmpfs               797784           0      797784    0% /run/user/501
tmpfs               797784           0      797784    0% /run/user/0

but after this mornings git pull, I get a new error with gunicorn:
Mai 12 10:21:11 openmediavault gunicorn[2679441]: [ERROR] MainProcess app.log_exception() #1744: Exception on /indi-allsky/ [GET]
                                                  Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1964, in _exec_single_context
                                                      self.dialect.do_execute(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 748, in do_execute
                                                      cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
                                                  sqlite3.OperationalError: no such column: camera.hidden

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2528, in wsgi_app
                                                      response = self.full_dispatch_request()
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1825, in full_dispatch_request
                                                      rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1823, in full_dispatch_request
                                                      rv = self.dispatch_request()
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1799, in dispatch_request
                                                      return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**view_args)
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/indi_allsky/flask/misc.py", line 22, in decorated_view
                                                      return current_app.ensure_sync(func)(*args, **kwargs)
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/views.py", line 104, in view
                                                      self = view.view_class(  # type: ignore[attr-defined]
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/indi_allsky/flask/base_views.py", line 147, in __init__
                                                      self.setupSession()
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/indi_allsky/flask/base_views.py", line 161, in setupSession
                                                      self.camera = self.getCameraById(session['camera_id'])
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/indi_allsky/flask/base_views.py", line 92, in getCameraById
                                                      camera = IndiAllSkyDbCameraTable.query\
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 2752, in first
                                                      return self.limit(1)._iter().first()  # type: ignore
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/query.py", line 2855, in _iter
                                                      result: Union[ScalarResult[_T], Result[_T]] = self.session.execute(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 2229, in execute
                                                      return self._execute_internal(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 2124, in _execute_internal
                                                      result: Result[Any] = compile_state_cls.orm_execute_statement(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/context.py", line 253, in orm_execute_statement
                                                      result = conn.execute(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1414, in execute
                                                      return meth(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/elements.py", line 486, in _execute_on_connection
                                                      return connection._execute_clauseelement(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1638, in _execute_clauseelement
                                                      ret = self._execute_context(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1842, in _execute_context
                                                      return self._exec_single_context(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1983, in _exec_single_context
                                                      self._handle_dbapi_exception(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2326, in _handle_dbapi_exception
                                                      raise sqlalchemy_exception.with_traceback(exc_info[2]) from e
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1964, in _exec_single_context
                                                      self.dialect.do_execute(
                                                    File "/home/admin/indi-allsky/virtualenv/indi-allsky/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 748, in do_execute
                                                      cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
                                                  sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such column: camera.hidden
                                                  [SQL: SELECT camera.id AS camera_id, camera.uuid AS camera_uuid, camera.name AS camera_name, camera.driver AS camera_driver, camera."friendlyName" AS "camera_friendlyName", camera."createDate" AS "camera_createDate", camera."connectDat>
                                                  FROM camera
                                                  WHERE camera.id = ?
                                                   LIMIT ? OFFSET ?]
                                                  [parameters: (2, 1, 0)]
                                                  (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/20/e3q8)
Mai 12 10:21:12 openmediavault gunicorn[2679441]: [ERROR] MainProcess app.log_exception() #1744: Exception on /indi-allsky/ [GET]
11 months 6 days ago #92787

I made a database schema change in the last update. Just re-run setup.sh and you should be all set.
11 months 5 days ago #92792

thanks, does work now.

CS, Markus
11 months 5 days ago #92795

I get this error after days of running setup.sh on my RPI Zero W:
**** Setup DB ****
./setup.sh: Zeile 1804: 3257 Ung▒ltiger Maschinenbefehl flask db init

CS, Markus
9 months 4 weeks ago #93548

What version of Raspbian are you using?
9 months 4 weeks ago #93550

pi@haustuer:~ $ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Release: 11
Codename: bullseye
pi@haustuer:~ $ getconf LONG_BIT
pi@haustuer:~ $ uname -a
Linux haustuer 6.1.21+ #1642 Mon Apr 3 17:19:14 BST 2023 armv6l GNU/Linux

CS, Markus
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by Markus Kempf.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93554

That does not make any sense to me. You might try deleting the virtualenv (folder ./virtualenv/indi-allsky/) and re-running setup.sh. Is it possible you modified the setup.sh?
9 months 3 weeks ago #93588

no changes whatsoever. The only thing I had to do was manually activating the virtual environment to install rawpy. That did not work automatically, although I recognzed it in the requirements_debian11_32_post.txt file. After that I left the virtualenv and started setup.sh. It runs for more than a day to install all the python packages...

CS, Markus
9 months 3 weeks ago #93589

Time to create page: 1.382 seconds