INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Latest Linux KStars nightly was almost flawless!

• Thank you received: 155
I had some stability issues with the latest Mac OSX version so I decided to pull out my old trusty NanoPC T4 (Armbian OS) and updated it with the latest KStars nightly.  After ensuring all the configs were correct, I attached it to all my gear in my observatory and put through a night's imaging test.  It was great!  Not a single software issue.  Perfect plate solving, and quick accurate autofocus.  I used the internal guider and was getting 0.29 arc second RMS.  My images were pinpoint.

Then the clouds rolled in.  :(

The only ongoing issue that still exist across all platforms is that the Nexdome driver giving me serial time-out errors as soon as the dome reaches the fully open position.  This is a long but intermittent problem that I cant figure out.  Once it starts getting these errors, the shutter and dome controller need to be power cycled a few times before I get the connection stable again.  Once it connects, it will work perfectly until I turn off the power to the dome controller or shutter.  Then I have this issue again.   Therefore I try to keep it running 24/7 and even added a UPS battery backup to keep it powered on all the time.  I've posted about this before a few times.  I thought it was an issue with the Nexdome Firmware but I gave NINA (ASCOM) a test for month, and never saw this issue.  Therefore I assume it must be a problem with the INDI driver. 
2 years 5 months ago #77384

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds