INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with Astrometry

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Team,

I followed the steps mentioned in the Alignment module and installed astrometry.net and corresponding index files on a remote ubuntu machine. But when I try to do plate solving using the EKOS alignment module with the remote option selected, I get the below error:2021-11-25T08:03:30 Cannot set solver to remote. The Ekos equipment profile must include the astrometry Auxiliary driver.

Even though, the astrometry AUX driver is selected and running on the remote machine. Any pointers on what I am missing.

Thank you,
Prasanna. 
2 years 4 months ago #78020

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Issue with Astrometry

Hi there,

So are you running Ekos on a Windows, Linux, or Mac laptop or desktop?  If so, I would recommend running StellarSolver, astrometry.net, or ASTAP on the local machine.  Your solves will be much faster and you will have more control over them.  You just select stellarsolver and you select which solver type you would like to use, use Ekos to install and manage the index files and settings, and go from there.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 4 months ago #78029

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Prasanna on topic Issue with Astrometry

Yes, I can do it locally. But I am trying for a remote observatory and do not want any setup done on the client side. I want all the solving happen remotely, such that anyone with KSTARS/EKOS can connect to my remote machine and perform the astrophotography session, without downloading the index files to their system.

Thank you,
Prasanna.
2 years 4 months ago #78030

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Issue with Astrometry

Ok so if KStars is running on the remote machine and astrometry is on the remote machine, then it is local astrometry, StellarSolver, or ASTAP that you want to set it to, not remote.  It is local to that machine.
2 years 4 months ago #78031

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Issue with Astrometry

I just tested and it works fine with remote astrometry.

2 years 4 months ago #78038
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds