INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Support for Bullseye 64 bit RPI4

• Thank you received: 0
No weak links mate, I'm sure we'll both learn something.
PM sent.
2 years 3 months ago #78611

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
So I've uploaded a version of the script with just a few library changes that will allow it to compile. It fails to launch when it can't find TZData.txt in the spots where it searches. I'm sure this is close, but not there yet.

github.com/JerryBlack/buildKstarsNightly...FromGit_Bullseye.txt
2 years 3 months ago #78617

• Thank you received: 4
Sounds exciting Jerry..  How can I (we) help?

Jay S.
2 years 3 months ago #78618

• Thank you received: 69
Any suggestions / fixes for getting it to create a running app, in the proper folder, making it find TZrules.dat and what-ever comes next. :)
2 years 3 months ago #78622

Hi

A couple of things:

1 I have Bullseye 64 running RealVNC server without problems. All I did was select VNC under the Interfaces section of the

$ sudo raspi-config

GUI.

This was with the iso from 2021-10-30-raspios-bullseye-arm64.zip at

downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm_64...ios_arm64-2021-11-08

I have had some wifi issues with dhcp and have decided to stick with auto-configured dhcp, given the pi a network id and instructed the router to always give it the same ip address. That way I can set up a profile in vnc viewer to connect to the server, from which I can see what ip address the pi is using for ETH0. So far this has not changed, but you never know. And if all else fails there is always AngryIP scanner to have a look.

2 I am currently trying to download (well I was, now will try to compile) INDI for Bullseye 64. For the moment I only want the basic libs for use on the RPi as server.

Can someone explain how to run the sript and what it installs? Sorry i have not done this before in Rasberry /Debian, have just decided to convert my astro distro to Raspberry64. I use Manjaro for everything else. So a nudge in the direction of what packages are need to compile etc would be very helpful.

Best

R
2 years 1 month ago #80172

Hi Richard,

if your browse around Jerry Black's Github page (already linked above) you should find an answer to what the script installs, as well as some helpful information on how to run it, with the various parameters ranging from "all" to the specific sections, if you would like to step through it. There is the readme text, as well as comments in the script itself. Studying these before you download/run it might be helpful.

As far as running the script, you will need to download it then rename it (replace the .txt extension with .sh). Your GUI file explorer program could do this. Then go to your terminal emulator and use your keyboard to interact. You will want to use the "cd" command (example only: "cd Downloads") to change your working directory to wherever you downloaded the script, and the "chmod" command (example only: "chmod u+x buildKstarsNightlyFromGit_Bullseye.sh") may be required to set the permissions on the script file to be executable.

Hope that helps.
2 years 1 month ago #80181

• Thank you received: 107
I have own script that compile STABLE version of kstars from sources. You can try that. gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build It  is tested on 32bit raspberry pi OS but should works just fine on 64bit as well.
Just run
git clone https://gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build.git
to fetch scripts.

First time run ./install-dependencies.sh and then ./build-soft-stable.sh

2 years 1 month ago #80184

Tks @ Tim and @ nou

There seems to have been a lot of work in this area: I also found the Avarakin/Astropi4 repository on GitHub who suggests making in Ubuntu with a makefile (editable). The Makefile needs updating to latest releases. It installs KDE (lite), MATE, lxde and Gnome.

Back to the script(s) - two questions if I may;

1 Is there a preference between Ubuntu (which AFAICS will interact with the INDI/mutlaq repository directly) and Raspberry OS? In terms of apps I would use not only KStars but also CdCiel/CCdCiel, ASTAP, FireCapture and Entangle (Nikon control). Do CCDiel / CCdiel run on KDE?

2 In terms of the GNU install routine, is it obvious which libs need to be installed to do this? In Manjaro there is a build-devel package containing all the required packages - does the same exist for Raspberry/Debian or Ubuntu?

Thanks for the help.

Best R
2 years 1 month ago #80188

@ nou - sorry should have read your script before I commented: I can see the install deps list: could you point me to which are general build deps out of that list - most are obviously concerned with the actual KStars build.

Many thanks
R
2 years 1 month ago #80189

These should be dependencies for KStars:
libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev libraw-dev libeigen3-dev extra-cmake-modules libkf5plotting-dev libqt5svg5-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev libkf5kio-dev kinit-dev
libkf5newstuff-dev libkf5doctools-dev libkf5notifications-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libkf5crash-dev libkf5notifyconfig-dev wcslib-dev libqt5websockets5-dev xplanet xplanet-images qt5keychain-dev libsecret-1-dev breeze-icon-theme qml-module-qtquick-controls

You could drop libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev wx-common wx3.0-i18n libx11-dev as these are for PHD.

On Debian based distro you can try "sudo apt build-dep kstars" to install all build dependencies
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by nou.
2 years 1 month ago #80191

Ok downloaded 64 bit raspberry OS and tested my script on my RPi 4GB. It works but I needed to lower number of parallel jobs to 2 otherwise I would run out of memory during compilation.
2 years 1 month ago #80220

Hello
Late to the game...

Have been running StellarMate 64bit without a hitch... until now.

The failure comes when trying to install the ZWO ASI Filter wheel driver, and I get the message:

'apt-key' is deprecated

I'm rather new to this, and all of the answers are somewhat beyond my capabilites at the moment.

Just received a notice that 64-bit was ready for prime time from Mr. Gordon Hollingsworth.

Can someone please direct me to the steps I need to take to update the ZWO Indi drivers on my 8GB Pi 4?

I can follow instructions well, but there are a lot of holes in this old CPU on my shoulders :)

Thanks in advance.

David D
2 years 1 month ago #80235

Time to create page: 1.590 seconds