INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Support for Bullseye 64 bit RPI4

• Thank you received: 4
All,

I am the OP on this thread and by no means have all the knowledge being displayed here by some.  I do echo David's comment about seeking a "final" version blessed by INDI (so to speak) for installing the full package of drivers, etc, on a 64 Bit Pi OS (Ubuntu, Bullseye, etc.) ..  I know a lot of this is through contribution by others but, while I understand a lot of the steps for example by Richard above, I just would hope that given the need, that there's a final version all could use?  I have no problem following the steps, but a build script sure would be nice..

If Stellarmate's 64 bit solution is working, have they cracked the code and made a ready for prime time solution?  I don't know which OS variant they're using off the top of my head..

Appreciate all the efforts!!!

Jay S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Diaz
2 years 1 month ago #80449

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem..

Are you saying following both those links will install everything needed to install INDI/EKOS/KSTARS, etc. and have the results ready to have PHD2 running as well?  I think that's what some are requesting?  The link also takes you "half way" down the instruction list vs. starting at the top..  I wasn't sure if that was the "actual" starting point for getting it installed..

Thanks..
Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80450

@ Jay S - absolutely second that plea for a simple install of all working drivers.

@ nou = I have in some despair and despite the clear indications in the README's that single driver installation is not only possible but preferable, attempted to build all the drivers, after installing Indi-Core and all the prerequsites, The build fails with numerous requests to install individual drivers again before attempting to make. There are no instrucfions as to how to install anything before make.

None of these failed drivers are required for anything I want to use.

Again, can I request some assistance in building one or two single drivers, with associated libraries, and installing. Jasem said 'its not complicated' and referred again to his README tutorials, These are complicated by addressing in parallel (apparently) different ways of building the libraries, so that no one method is laid out end to end. For instance, it is not clear whether there is actually a requirement for Iibindi-dev, or whether this is an extra (purpose not specified) or whether it is a useful short-cut when installing a single driver. There is even a suggestion in this thread that that is the only library which is required for building all the drivers.

To a newbie, this is complicated, and I agree it should not be.

It would be extremely helpful if someone could lay out all the steps, from absolute zero, necessary to install one driver and associated libraries. I don't expect this to require only one library. IF (to anticipate an objection) the libraries required depend on what sort of driver is to be installed, then of course it makes sense to install all of them. Or (for instance, I am making this up) to install a camera driver it may always be necessary to install gphoto. But not for a mount. Etc..

AND, as a Debian (Raspberry OS) user, it would be even more helpful if all these could be installed with sudo apt-get.

Yours in hope ....

Tks

R
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Sottolano, David Diaz
2 years 1 month ago #80451

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Richard,

RE: your post #80320 above, this section:

$ ~/Projects/build/libasi $ mkdir -p ~/Projects/build/indi-asi
$ ~/Projects/build/libasi $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-asi
CMake Error: The source "/home/pi/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-asi/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source "/home/pi/Projects/indi-3rdparty/libasi/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache. Re-run cmake with a different source directory.

It seems you are trying to use the build directory you used (successfully...) for libasi to also make indi-asi.  Did you neglect to 'cd ~/Projects/build/indi-asi' after you created the directory in the first command, there?
2 years 1 month ago #80453

• Thank you received: 107
I downloaded this image downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm64/...s-bullseye-arm64.zip
Then run my scripts install-dependencies.sh and then build-soft-stable.sh from gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build and got working INDI and KStars.
So try start clean by writing that image again to SD card and just download my scripts and try to run them. Don't add additional PPA my scripts should install whole INDI and KStars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer, Bernd Limburg, Rafa Barberá, Val Chevalier
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by nou.
2 years 1 month ago #80465

Thanks to both Tim and Nou.

I may have failed to change to the correct build directory. I tried again and this time got build errors relating to various properties not being defined or declared. I have the whole output if anyone is interested.

Then looked inside the repository, found indi-asi folder and the readme.md inside it which gave instructions for building the driver by itself. Tried these, they gave the same / similar errors.

So now I will try the scripts to which Nou refers, however, I will not be doing this on a clean image, because I have a pile of other things installed including CdCiel/CCDCiel, ASTAP (thanks to HAN who has recompiled this to work with Raspberry64 - see his Sourceforge page) and so forth.

Will get back here when I have tried this.

Best

R
2 years 1 month ago #80470

Nou,

Many thanks..  I just did a fresh 64 bit build last night and am at the latest (with updates) from the Raspberry Pi site.. Will try running the scripts today.  Which is "better". Stable or latest?  The Latest mentions auto-detect of cores?  Will let everyone know how it goes.  SkyX and SkyX LTI 64 bit are already installed..

Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80471

I haven't met an html bash script before. I have downloaded the scripts and attempted to run with ./ from the download location.

How do I do this on the pi? My researches only find links advising how to place html links on a web-server. I have Firefox installed but no objection to installing Chromium.

Tks

R
2 years 1 month ago #80480

Richard...

Did running the script from the command line in terminal not work?  I was just getting ready to try ./ as well..

Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80481

• Thank you received: 107
Best way to get them is clone that repository by running
git clone https://gitea.nouspiro.space/nou/astro-soft-build.git
That text is just last commit message that modified file. Both script automatically use number of cores. Stable script build last released version of INDI and KStars. I update it regullary to reflect this. You can get latest version of script by running
git pull origin
in directory with scripts.
Latest script build latest code from git repositories. This can fail as sometimes there are code error that prevent compilation or they can be unstable so use it only if you need to test really latest code.
If you just download script then you need add excutable permission to script by running
chmod +x install-dependencies.sh build-soft-latest.sh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by nou.
2 years 1 month ago #80484

Hello Nou ..

When I run
$ ./install-dependencies.sh

I get:
./install-dependencies.sh: line1: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
,/install-dependencies.sh line 1: '<!DOCTYPE html>'
I don'f feel that cloning the repo would have any different effect than downloading the script.

And your post seems to suggest that we should run the cloned script in that way.

The problem seems to be that bash doesn't like the "looks-like-might be-html" script ... but as I said above I have never come across this before so I'm guessing.

Tks

R
2 years 1 month ago #80488

Nou...

Didn't seem to work.. I did the GIT to being in the files and create the scripts. Got presumably near to the very end and got this message:

C++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:864: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1184: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:149: all] Error 2
KStars failed
2 years 1 month ago #80489

Time to create page: 1.808 seconds