INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Support for Bullseye 64 bit RPI4

• Thank you received: 4
Nou..

I am getting the following error (which is also being reported in a new thread about StellarSolver).  I have also seen other errors trying to finish the compile at different locations.

If I do another GIT will I pick up any fixes?

Thank you
Jay S.

/home/pi/astro-soft/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/solverutils.cpp: In member function ‘void SolverUtils::runSolver(FITSData*, const SSolver::Parameters&, double)’:
/home/pi/astro-soft/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/solverutils.cpp:81:22: error: ‘class StellarSolver’ has no member named ‘setLoadWCS’
   81 |     m_StellarSolver->setLoadWCS(false);
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:1579: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/auxiliary/solverutils.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1184: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:149: all] Error 2
KStars failed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer
2 years 1 month ago #80509

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
You can peak at line 81 on the master distribution and it hasn't changed then there is nothing new to pull
Peak at line 81 using:
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/blob/m...iary/solverutils.cpp

this is based on the assumption that the proposed fix just removed that line.
2 years 1 month ago #80510

• Thank you received: 17
Just out of sheer interest, I've just used Nou's script on a 32 bit Bullseye install on RPI 4, 4Gb and it's ran through perfectly. I've quickly tried out the basics with a mount and a ZWO ASI 385 between the clouds and it all behaves as it should, with no crashes and it appears to quite a bit faster than my current Ubuntu Mate 20.04 32 bit setup. I'll wait for some clear weather and try it again with my full imaging setup.
In the meantime I've a spare SD card and I'll run off a second install with the 64 bit Bullseye and see if I can recreate the success I've had so far.

Thanks to all involved for the useful information in this topic it's helped enormously in getting this working.
2 years 1 month ago #80513

Alan,

See the other thread I referenced..  There is a problem with that one section of the compile now (recent issue I believe)..  I have it installed now, but needed to comment out that one line in the compile scripting..

Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80517

• Thank you received: 107
Jay are you running my build-soft-latest or stable? From that error message it seems like you run latest which can break from time to time.

As Jerry pointed out compiling on 4GB Pi with 64bit system need to lower number of jobs. So edit scripts and change line "
JOBS=$(grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo)" to 
"JOBS=2". 8GB Pi should be fine.

Richard: did you right clicked on script name and selected save target as? Because you obviously saved HTML webpage that show script and not script itself. But it seems like you figured it out in the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Sottolano
2 years 1 month ago #80530

Nou,

I tried both, as well as running on an 8GB RPI4..  Also running the GIT and downloaded (based on RIchard's experience)..  Running STABLE gave a similar compile error, but for a different line as I recall.  I can delete and retry, but I think the STABLE will fail as well if it's calling for the same location in the line I commented out (81)...

Did you happen to look over this newer thread?    kstars build issue with updated stellarsolver

Which and where in the scripts is the JOBS operand if you can.. There are a lot of scripts!!  :-)

Jay S.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Jay Sottolano.
2 years 1 month ago #80537

• Thank you received: 17
Jay,

You need to amend line 13 to say JOBS=2 in the "build-soft-stable.sh" in the "/home/pi/astro-soft-build" folder or line 9 in "build-soft-latest.sh" in the same folder

Regards

Alan
2 years 1 month ago #80547

All,

Up and running and PHD2 installed on top!  Now, hope it just stays stable for a bit!!!  :-).  Anyone know if there's a build that includes Pegasus Astro Power Box (or is it included??). Thank you everyone!!!

Jay S.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Jay Sottolano.
2 years 1 month ago #80588

• Thank you received: 12
indilib.org/aux/pegasus-ultimate-power-box.html

It looks like it is. Should be under the AUX tabs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Sottolano
2 years 1 month ago #80592

• Thank you received: 0
Hello

How do I download just the key for the ZWO Camera Driver?

This article
How to deal with deprecated keys

is extremely complicated at my level, but if someone could please just help me download the key that I need to be added as a trusted
key to my system, I'd appreciate it.

I also attempted to research the build

here

but the lights have not been turned on in my tower yet.

For all of those who have successfully built, is there a simple way of simply adding this package to my 64-bit Stellar Mate program?

Thank you

DD

Thanks in advance..

DD
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by David Diaz. Reason: Didn't like the wording of the original text
2 years 1 month ago #80777

Chris,

Thanks..  This brings up another question or aspect...  Is there a standalone INDI Server Control Panel application to see all of the connections, etc..?  I know there is something built into Ekos, but I'm looking for something more akin to one that's available for INDIGO Server application from Cloudmakers (software for the Mac)...

Thanks!!
Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80856

• Thank you received: 14
Hi everybody,

i have successfullyy compiled the Indi librairies, stellarSolver and Kstars using the bash scripts from Nou, thanks to him. I only faced an issue for the "Celestron" indi 3rd party driver the first time i tried, there were some missing dependencies in the script.

So the 3 drivers Eqmod, Gphoto and QHYCCD work very well for me up to now, with Kstars/Ekos even if i have not yet tested it in the field.

i have 2 points
  1. I can't find the GSC source (for plate solving using Simulators), i'd like to compile it.
  2. Do you know how to configure the raspberry to create automatically an Wifi Hotspot and start a VNC server, as Astroberry and Stellarmate do ?

thanks
2 years 1 month ago #80911

Time to create page: 1.483 seconds