INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon DSLR abort exposure isn't an actual abort

• Thank you received: 32
I noticed that, also in the case of an aborted exposure, my DSLR isn't actually aborting. Looking in the EKOS GPhoto panel, it shows it's continueing an exposure. This way the actual capture program is getting confused and doesn't continue normally, making me to have to restart everything.

Is this a known problem?
8 years 2 weeks ago #7277

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello supernov,

I use the indi_gphoto_ccd driver together with a canon eos 1000d, it shows the same behavior when aborting an exposure. However with EKOS I never had any problems when starting a new exposure while the camera is still running the aborted one. EKOS somehow kills the corrupt exposure right before the new acquisition is started without any ongoing bugs.
8 years 1 week ago #7300

Interesting. When, in my case, guiding goes bad and aborts an exposure.. when guiding is ok again, Ekos tries to do another exposure but then I hear the DSLR shoot instantly almost (looking when it happens it says it's doing 3 second exposures for some reason). At some point it then aborts the entire sequence. This setting of 3 seconds seems very odd.
8 years 1 week ago #7306

• Thank you received: 0
Ok I never used the autoguiding deviation threshold to automatically abort bad exposures. I just aborted them sometimes by hand. But I will try it right away (we have great weather tonight).
8 years 1 week ago #7308

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I have similar behavior with my Canon 70D, but I don't use the auto-abort on guiding (I use PHD2 for guiding). I have to wait out the exposure, or at least wait a while, before a new exposure is possible.

I have not seen the 3 sec thing.

Magnus
8 years 1 week ago #7310

So, last night I finished my first unattended session and that worked great! However, I did switch off the abort on autoguiding. What I have to do when I switch it on is to manually set e.g. a 5 second exposure and force it to take that. First time it refuses, saying it's exposing, second command then does work and it takes a 5 sec exposure, downloads it and the camera is fully ready to resume. Otherwise it doesn't work properly.
8 years 1 week ago #7317

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds