INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Simple Build Scripts

• Thank you received: 69

Simple Build Scripts was created by Giles

* Absolutely no guarantee on these, they don't do any error handling, check the contents of the scripts before using and confirm that is what you want to happen *

Built for Ubuntu, might work for Raspberry OS.

Ok, that said, I have in the past come across comments like "this is fixed in GIT", "recompile and try now".
In response to these I have ended up following a load of commands to build the indi, indi-3rdparty, kstars and stellarsolver packages from GIT.

Eventually I have decided to automate this somewhat, plus include some uninstall scripts to remove what I have temporarily installed for testing.

They install, as they are, to /usr/local which on most systems will take precedance over whatever might be installed in /usr, but it is up to you to check this on your own system.

I'm not providing these here as help to new persons on the forum, but rather people who might be tired of checking out something from git time and again and going through the same command set time and time again.

* Be sure to understand these script commands, and particularly the uninstall ones as they might remove folders that your system expects. *

File Attachment:

File Name: simple-bui...s.tar.gz
File Size:2 KB

You could start with:
cd ~
tar zxvf simple-build-scripts.tar.gz
./Projects/build/prerequites_install.sh
./Projects/build/clone_repos.sh
./Projects/build/update_build_and_install.sh

These rely on the premise that /usr/local takes precedance over /usr

They probably won't work if your system doesn't work that way.

The uninstall_* scripts may be helpful to you too - they'll allow you to revert to a normal installation via stable or nightly.

I didn't post these to github or anything because:

* I am not a software maintainer
* These scripts are very terse, do not perform any error checking and were really just intended for my own use.

2 years 2 months ago #79737
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Simple Build Scripts

If that can be of use, I have a complete Jenkins configuration at github.com/TallFurryMan/kstars-ci that I use to build from invent.kde.org or github, update my observatory and test on various computers architectures. It may not be perfect or suitable for everyone, but it gives an idea. What is missing from the repository are the actual deployment procedures, which mainly use ssh, dpkg and apt.

-Eric
2 years 2 months ago #79748

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Re:Simple Build Scripts

You will probably be interested in this set of build scripts from Rob Lancaster.
www.indilib.org/forum/general/5524-astro...revised.html?start=0
www.indilib.org/raspberry-pi/astropi3.html
2 years 2 months ago #79751

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Re:Simple Build Scripts

For me the advantage of these is to be able to install into /usr/local - so the test kstars and INDI that get installed can co-exist on the system at the same time as stable versions, and there is a relatively easy way to uninstall them, again not affecting the stable versions already installed on the system.
2 years 2 months ago #79766

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds