INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Option to interupt "flats / dark flats" process to prompt covering and uncovering of OTA when using DIY flat panel

• Thank you received: 6
My DIY LED flat panel seems to respond properly when a sequence of flats is executed. When using the new Dark Flats option in the capture module  I am not prompted to cover the scope prior to the darks capture starting.

Am I missing something obvious or is this not currently possible?

Kstars 3.5.7 stable (Kubuntu 20.04) using indi_flipflat driver (Flip Man). (camera is QHY268M)

Dave
2 years 1 month ago #80063

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have to double check, but I think the currently implementation assumes the flat panel can be toggled on/off.
2 years 1 month ago #80066

The flat panel can be toggled on/off. My panel is slip fit device that attaches to the OTA (refractor) like a lens cap. To use the panel it has to be manually installed for the flats sequence then removed before the scope can be covered ( front lens cap on) for the dark sequence.

A reminder to install the flat panel then remove and install the lens cap would be useful. I am not 100% sure the fit of the light panel is light tight. (I am away from the rig for a week so I can’t test for light tightness.)
2 years 1 month ago #80081

A test shows the flat panel is not fully light tight when the light is off.  An option to either pause the sequence when finished with flats and before starting with dark flats OR a way to save the calculated dark flat sequence and call it back (or restart it) after the flat panel is removed and the proper lens cap is installed would certainly be welcome. (by me at least).

I don't need the dark flat exposure times to be saved in a program restart scenarion, just long enough to do the light panel / lens cap swap.

(or is suppose I could just get a light tight black bag with a drawstring that drops over top of the light panel when installed on the OTA (which needs to point vertically up).)

Thanks
2 years 1 month ago #80457

This might be added as a new type of selection in the calibration dialog. Please put the exact steps for this procedure to work assuming we are capturing now light frames, then when flats or darks are due, what happens step by step (1, 2, 3..etc).
2 years 1 month ago #80467

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds