INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver __ symbol lookup error: __ undefined symbol: __ [SOLVED]

• Thank you received: 22
 Okay I'm betting we've all been here some point: You just get your remote rig going with a new toy and sit down to get the software running, ssh into the pi and run indiserver and get this...
Driver indi_webcam_ccd: indi_webcam_ccd: symbol lookup error: indi_webcam_ccd: undefined symbol: _ZN4INDI3CCD19processFastExposureEPNS_7CCDChipE

I know first hand how maddening it can be to have rare good sky going to waste while you frantically try to figure our why your system is down. I decided to add a thread to hopefully help others find the answer and address it quickly.

Simply put, this happens when drivers are not of the same version. The easiest fix I've found is to make sure everything is up to date.

On an Odroid, Stellar Mate, RPIx or any SBC or PC using debian/ubuntu based distro you can often fix this fairly quickly with:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install indi*

If updating doesn't sort it out you might have to take more drastic measures such as uninstalling and purging the /usr/bin of all things indi before reinstalling or even going to an older backup, which I recommend making asap when all your stuff is working.

My favorite rsync app for this has been "Timeshift" but on RPIx it's often enough to just pull the chip and make a partition image file on your pc. Since this can be exciting and dangerous I'll only suggest checking out the help on Gnome Disks or DD to do this.

It's also worth noting that also had issues when Ekos on my local pc was way newer than the indiserver running over wired lan to an sbc(rpi3b,xu4 etc.) on my remote rig. Again, updating everything often sorts it out.

The way I understand it, because of the way everything is tied together(object linking) in the INDI system, if one part of it is compiled out of sync with the others it can lead to pointers no longer pointing to the right place in other files and weirdness results.

Cheers and clear skies!

Ray
2 years 2 months ago #80474

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds