INDI Library v1.9.8 Released (29 Sep 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

What does "repositioning" mean?

• Thank you received: 56
Hi!

Recently, when running the scheduler, I have several times noticed that after aligment, so that the object now is centred, the scheduler says it is "repositioning". However, nothing is happening - scope not moving - and this goes on for ever. Or rather, until I stop the scheduler and restart. 

What is this "repositioning" and why is it doing that after successful aligment...?

Magnus

Celestron C11, Skywatcher 100 ED Pro
Losmandy G11
Atik 383L+, ASI294
8 months 2 weeks ago #81377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This happens when astrometry syncs and slews the mount, it could be a very small motion.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
8 months 2 weeks ago #81378

• Thank you received: 56
Hi!
OK, so nothing else. Then there is something odd there because this happens AFTER alignment is successful and finished. I'll check the logs for next time it happens. 

Magnus

Celestron C11, Skywatcher 100 ED Pro
Losmandy G11
Atik 383L+, ASI294
8 months 1 week ago #81443

• Thank you received: 22
@jasem - I have experienced something similar. I havent quite figured out in which situations this happens but there are certain positions in the sky where Align module struggles. Here is a session I ran just now using Simulators. Notice that even though first couple of aligns worked perfectly, the last but one (NGC 366) struggles to move that really small bit and I had to abort it. Previous object to that was also a struggle but it got it in the end (So when this same Align is done from within Scheduler it seems to go in a long loop.

Attaching the status  

File Attachment:

File Name: Alignissues.txt
File Size:28 KB

Celestron Astromaster 130 on HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI224mc, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini. All managed using Kstars/Ekos on RPi with Astroberry build.
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by AstroMuni.
8 months 1 week ago #81446
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds