INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Weather radio WIFI troubles

• Thank you received: 4
So I spent the last few months building a weather station using a Wemos D1 Mini Pro and a bunch of sensor as described here: github.com/sterne-jaeger/indi-3rdparty/b...adme-WeatherRadio.md

Everything works fine when I'm connected via USB/serial from the Arduino IDE, but I can't get it to join my local WIFI network. I entered my SSIS and password in the #define section of config.h as described.

Is it supposed to be joining my WIFI network automatically when it powers up? Or maybe it is trying to start up it's own WIFI hotspot?

If anyone has this running I would appreciate some tips :)
1 year 11 months ago #82200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
It should try to connect to your WiFi, it’s not designed as a hotspot.

I guess you followed the instructions here: github.com/sterne-jaeger/indi-3rdparty/b...rmware-configuration

Have you enabled the USE_WIFI flag in the configuration?

For debugging use the serial connection. With „s“ you can turn the WiFi on (as long as USE_WIFI was configured)

HTH
Wolfgang
1 year 11 months ago #82211

• Thank you received: 4
Just to follow up in case someone else has a similar issue - it turns out that the problem was that the arduino wifi was attempting to connect on 2.4 GHz not the 5 GHz band that I was using. Solution was to enable 2.4 GHz on the router and it connected without problem! thanks for the help everyone!
1 year 11 months ago #82547

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds