INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is INDI ready for Ubuntu 22.04?

• Thank you received: 28
I went ahead and compiled INDI and INDI-ASI which took care of my immediate need.
1 year 10 months ago #82769

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
No its not working even on Xubuntu. The culprit appears to be indi-eqmod which appears to have bene built against indi 9.4

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libindi1 : Conflicts: libindi-plugins but 1.9.4+dfsg-1 is to be installed
Conflicts: libindialignmentdriver1 but 1.9.4+dfsg-1 is to be installed
Conflicts: libindidriver1 but 1.9.4+dfsg-1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

The only version that everything works fine in this PPA is 21.10.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by James Langston.
1 year 10 months ago #82771

• Thank you received: 20

Hi Jasem, when is the next stable INDI release scheduled for?
1 year 10 months ago #82826

• Thank you received: 0

Exactly the same trouble.
I can get trough with the synscan driver but the guiding seems to be not so efficient (Not sure if it's related).

I hope that indi-full package will be available soon
1 year 10 months ago #82827

• Thank you received: 0
I have the same problem on my Ubuntu 22.04:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 indi-aagcloudwatcher-ng : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-apogee : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-armadillo-platypus : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-asi : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-astromechfoc : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-avalon : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-bresserexos2 : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-celestronaux : Depends: libindialignmentdriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
                     Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-dreamfocuser : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-dsi : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-eqmod : Depends: libindialignmentdriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
              Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-ffmv : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-fishcamp : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-fli : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-gpsd : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-gpsnmea : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-maxdomeii : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-mgen : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-mi : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-nexdome : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-nightscape : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-playerone : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-shelyak : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-starbook : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-starbook-ten : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-sx : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-talon6 : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
1 year 10 months ago #82833

I've just had some fun with this issue... today I have upgraded from Kubuntu 20.04 LTS to 21.10 and then on to 22.04 LTS only to find indi and kstars all screwed up and giving me grief getting it all reinstalled etc. basically the same issues everyone else is having.

my workaround....

I have just setup indi-allsky on a rpi4... part of that process was to run a script to build/install indi. The script dealt with the vast majority of the dependency issues nicely so... I ran that script on this pc... I did have to use muon package manager to enforce use of a certain version of something (can't remember the name atm but it'll be in the list of unmet dependencies) but indi installed and is indi-full I think. no drivers missing so far. happy days.

sudo apt install kstars-bleeding definitely works from the ppa with Kubuntu 22.04 :)

Having done it this way... I seem to have got it working fully. ZWO cams x2, zwo efw8, EQmod (bluetooth), pegasus upb, sqm, flip-flat and openweather all working fine. of course that is because it is currently raining. it'll crash as soon as I roll the roof off the observatory ;) ;)

hope that bit of info helps anyone else struggling to figure this one out.
1 year 10 months ago #82843

libgphoto2 was the dependency that ended up sorting it I think. downgraded the version to 2.5.27
1 year 10 months ago #82844

• Thank you received: 2
Same here. Not only indi_eqmod_telescope but also indi_canon_cdd cannot be found. I tried also to compile indi lib from source but can get any improvements: compilation was fine but some pieces (i.e. indi_eqmod) were not compiled at all. Any possible work-around for my PC with ubuntu 22.04? I do not have any RPi or other stuff like that.
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #82852

News from here. I recompile from source both indi-lib and indi-3rd-party on my Ubuntu 22.04 PC. Everything (almost) went smooth. So in this respect problem solved.
1 year 10 months ago #82857

just some supplementary info to help guide people like me (basic linux users) with sorting this problem. After messing up my system completely (novice linux user getting ahead of himself) I reinstated it from a backup and carried on playing around and I've learned a few things...

If you are running a rpi at the mount and connecting to that remotely from your pc all is not lost, there's good news... you should be fine until you upgrade the rpi to run on 22.04. :-)

If you install gsc and then kstars bleeding from jasem's ppa on a clean install of 22.04LTS... it will install without any conflicts or dependency problems at all. This does only install indi-bin though. All you then need to do is setup a new equipment profile in kstars (on the upgraded 22.04 computer) identical to your usual one. You then select the equipment as you normally would but you'll notice that the driver names have a little icon next to them. These are the remote drivers that are running on your rpi. If your equipment is not connected to your pc... your pc does not need the drivers itself. It just needs to connect to the indi server that is connected to the equipment. This is how I'm working around the issue until I decide to poke about under the hood and inevitably break linux again....probably this afternoon ;-)

If you are connecting your equipment directly to your pc then you're gonna be doing some compiling soon if you want indi-full I'm afraid. Compiling does work as long as you've got the patience to deal with the couple of dependency issues that will arise until libindi1 is updated. These clever chaps who write all this software for us will figure out the issue pretty soon I suspect.

btw...when you clone the indi-allsky project from github there is a build_indi.sh script in the misc folder. It's a lazy way to get indi-full but it worked for me until I bricked my system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #82859

Any news on when indi-full will be ready to install?
Indi-bin doesn’t seem to have all the drivers?

I figured all would be ready for 22.04 if I left it a month?

Or should I just go back to 21.10?

It definitely does not install properly on Ubuntu mate 22.04
It keeps saying it’s missing libindidriver1
1 year 10 months ago #82866

I believe these issue should be resolved by next INDI release where we will rebuild all packages and override the OS packages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davy HUBERT, Spartacus, Darren
1 year 10 months ago #82868

Time to create page: 1.974 seconds