INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is INDI ready for Ubuntu 22.04?

• Thank you received: 1
just some supplementary info to help guide people like me (basic linux users) with sorting this problem. After messing up my system completely (novice linux user getting ahead of himself) I reinstated it from a backup and carried on playing around and I've learned a few things...

If you are running a rpi at the mount and connecting to that remotely from your pc all is not lost, there's good news... you should be fine until you upgrade the rpi to run on 22.04. :-)

If you install gsc and then kstars bleeding from jasem's ppa on a clean install of 22.04LTS... it will install without any conflicts or dependency problems at all. This does only install indi-bin though. All you then need to do is setup a new equipment profile in kstars (on the upgraded 22.04 computer) identical to your usual one. You then select the equipment as you normally would but you'll notice that the driver names have a little icon next to them. These are the remote drivers that are running on your rpi. If your equipment is not connected to your pc... your pc does not need the drivers itself. It just needs to connect to the indi server that is connected to the equipment. This is how I'm working around the issue until I decide to poke about under the hood and inevitably break linux again....probably this afternoon ;-)

If you are connecting your equipment directly to your pc then you're gonna be doing some compiling soon if you want indi-full I'm afraid. Compiling does work as long as you've got the patience to deal with the couple of dependency issues that will arise until libindi1 is updated. These clever chaps who write all this software for us will figure out the issue pretty soon I suspect.

btw...when you clone the indi-allsky project from github there is a build_indi.sh script in the misc folder. It's a lazy way to get indi-full but it worked for me until I bricked my system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #82859

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Any news on when indi-full will be ready to install?
Indi-bin doesn’t seem to have all the drivers?

I figured all would be ready for 22.04 if I left it a month?

Or should I just go back to 21.10?

It definitely does not install properly on Ubuntu mate 22.04
It keeps saying it’s missing libindidriver1
1 year 10 months ago #82866

I believe these issue should be resolved by next INDI release where we will rebuild all packages and override the OS packages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davy HUBERT, Spartacus, Darren
1 year 10 months ago #82868

Hi, any idea as to when this will happen? Thanks!
1 year 10 months ago #82969

• Thank you received: 4
The bug is not fixed in 1.9.6
1 year 10 months ago #83000

• Thank you received: 4
I'm installing a new Ubuntu Mate 22.04 on a X86. This bug is still there on 1.9.6
I'm going to setup this machine before July (must).
Should I rollback to 20.4 or waiting for a patch? Or build from source?
1 year 10 months ago #83001

I'm building all the drivers now, it usually takes two days to finish since launchpad is pretty slow.
1 year 10 months ago #83003

More bad news. Canonical Launchpad is having networking issues now so there is more down time :(
1 year 10 months ago #83007

• Thank you received: 3
Hi !

I used pinning and I was able to install indi-sx and indi-eqmod. Some conflicts still remains and I couldn't install indi-full but at least it works for my setup...
To do so, I created a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/indi with this content :
Package: *
Pin: release o=LP-PPA-mutlaqja
Pin-Priority: 800

Hope it helps.

Regards
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Davy HUBERT.
1 year 10 months ago #83008

• Thank you received: 41
On Lubuntu 22.04, the installation gone well but Kstars is not launching at all.

From Terminal :
kstars: symbol lookup error: kstars: undefined symbol: _ZN7SSolver10Parameters14convertFromMapE4QMapI7QString8QVariantE
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Euripides.
1 year 10 months ago #83037

Following the PPA site: launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
Build seem to be done, still getting this error when trying to install:
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding gsc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 indi-aagcloudwatcher-ng : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-apogee : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-armadillo-platypus : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-astromechfoc : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-avalon : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-bresserexos2 : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-celestronaux : Depends: libindialignmentdriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
                     Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-dreamfocuser : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-dsi : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-eqmod : Depends: libindialignmentdriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
              Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-ffmv : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-fishcamp : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-gpsd : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-gpsnmea : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-maxdomeii : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-mgen : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-nexdome : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-nightscape : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-shelyak : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-starbook : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-starbook-ten : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.3+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-sx : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
 indi-talon6 : Depends: libindidriver1 (>= 1.9.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
1 year 10 months ago #83042

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Tim on topic Is INDI ready for Ubuntu 22.04?

Exactly the same problem and error message. Running on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS on IBM NUC.
Regards
Tim
1 year 10 months ago #83055

Time to create page: 0.662 seconds