INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic Scheduler Issue

• Thank you received: 8

Mosaic Scheduler Issue was created by Brent

Well, I have tried everything I can think of so here is the issue. Using v1.6.2 (which ha served me well) I decided to explore (yet again) using the Scedular to image mosaics. I get to where the sequence is displayed on the screen (I have the steps all checked Track/Focus/Align/Guide all checked prior to setting the mosaic panels). when I have the panels (say 2x4) and the overlap (15%) and where to send the images all set and press "Ok". It closes the box and populates the sequences. After the Sequences are visable it shuts off (un-Checks) the focus and align boxes!What am I doing wrong?
1 year 10 months ago #83345
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Mosaic Scheduler Issue

Are you using KStars 3.5.9 with the new mosaic planner? I just tested this with 3.5.9 and it works fine.
1 year 10 months ago #83351

Replied by Brent on topic Mosaic Scheduler Issue

No, I am running v3.5.5 Ummmm embarrasing but how do I update that?
1 year 10 months ago #83353

Ok. I downloaded v1.7.1 32Bit (which has v3.5.9 of KStars) and set it up with my gear and location. After some fubbling around I was able to create a seuence that appears to allow me to Track/Focus/Align and Guide. Getting to get the plates to show up in the Seduler took a few tries, but hey, practice is perfect.

I guess we can consider this issue solved!

Thanks to the contributors on this forum. However I think it is pertinant to remind the developers that we're not all computer handy. I am inept without at least a video or written instructions. Guessing what does what isn't a great option.
1 year 10 months ago #83361

Had the second opportunity to attempt using the Scheduler last night. Starting to get used to the new version. The new directory is interesting! The Sequences seem problematic in where my images are stored. I did finally manage to figure out how to get them to where I could access them from my remote computer. However I either don't understand, or neglected to change something in regards to where each image would plate solve to.

I have my "Align" Accuracy set to 15 arcseconds. My griad overlap was set to 15%. All else went well, even when a cloud messed with my guiding, pausing the sequence for a bit. When I got the images transfered to my processing computer I discovered that what the sequence grid looked like in Kstars isn't what I got stitching the images together (Astro Pixel Processor). Here is what I got with the data I aquired.(Note lower right was Plate 1....Upper left (guiding issues here) is Plate 4 of a 20 plate image.

1 year 10 months ago #83511
Attachments:

Sorry for the two similar images above. Same spot in the sky just different trys to put them together.
1 year 10 months ago #83515

BTW How do I edit files (delete) from the directory tree?
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Brent.
1 year 10 months ago #83519

Can you share the scheduler file? .esl ?
1 year 10 months ago #83527

No. I formated the SD card and rewrote the v1.7.1 on it. I tried again last night, no joy. Just frustration, thought it was me, NOPE the program doesn't work. Do any of you computer types fiddling with writing code actually go out and use the thing to capture night sky data?
1 year 10 months ago #83548

There was indeed a bug that is now fixed in 3.6.0 Beta and now I just back-ported to 3.5.9. Please update SM OS today and you should receive the updated version. Let me know if this fixes it for you.
1 year 10 months ago #83555

By "back-ported" I assume you mean that V1.7.1 now has 3.6.0 Beta in it. If so I will do as you suggest and try again.

Sorry if I sounded short in my last post. I started with computers way back when you had to type at "C:" for half a day to make a dot move around the screen. But my life was funded by physically working. To survive at farming it was essential to dip into the field of electronics management to have new equipment run in a fashion the engineers intended. In the end, the ultimate gaol is a product that works.

I take pride in being able to make things work. But that has limits.
1 year 10 months ago #83565

Back-ported to stable 3.5.9. Not need to switch to beta. Just update SM OS (assuming you're on stable channel) and the update should come in.
1 year 10 months ago #83566

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds