INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Ekos crashes when I try to do flat fields with Pegasus Flatmaster

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

This is on Stellarmate, but isn't a Stellarmate problem. I'm using KStars 3.5.9 stable on an Ubuntu 20.4 system. Indi 1.9.6 is running on the Raspberry Pi with Stellarmate OS 1.7.1 32-bit. After upgrading to Stellarmate, and when I have these devices running:

<code>
indi_sbig_ccd
indi_asi_ccd
indi_asi_focuser
indi_pegasus_focuscube
indi_pegasus_flatmaster
indi_qhycfw2_wheel
indi_lx200autostar
indi_gpsd
</code>

and I start a run of flats, Ekos and Kstars and any fits viewer windows I have open go away. Loading KStars again, and starting Ekos, brings me back to where I was when I started the flat process - 1 second exposure time, wrong directory, count of 1, etc. Usually the flatmaster driver on Indi Control Panel is blank. I have to restart Indi on the Raspberry Pi.
I got around it (sort of) by building 2 shell scripts - one to load everything except flatmaster, and one to load these devices:

<code>
indi_sbig_ccd
indi_simulator_telescope
indi_qhycfw2_wheel
indi_pegasus_flatmaster
</code>

When I do imaging, I run the first script, "indi", and when I do flats, I run the second "flats" script. That resolves it, but won't really do for a solution. I will try to see if there is a combination that won't work together. In the mean time, has anyone seen such an interaction with the FlatMaster driver..?

The attached log shows the problem happening at 2022-06-03T21:17:45.493 (around line 134).

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-15-59.txt
File Size:271 KB

Thanks,
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by David Allmon.
1 year 9 months ago #83363
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
I built a profile having just the telescope simulator, CCD simulator, and the Pegasus Flatmaster. Then I built a sequence using default time and count to take a light frame, and added a sequence to take a dark frame, and one to make a flat field frame. When I clicked the play button the first sequence ran, and as soon as the second started, the program asked me if the simulator had a shutter. I said yes, and Indi Control Panel, Ekos, and Kstars all went away. I looked at the indi server and, although it was running, it had printed the following:
2022-06-06T01:34:25: startup: indiserver indi_simulator_ccd indi_simulator_telescope indi_pegasus_flatmaster 
2022-06-06T01:34:25: Driver indi_simulator_telescope: HaAxis: TrackRate 1, trackingRateDegSec 15.041067 arcsec
2022-06-06T01:42:05: Client 0: XML error: Line 5: Bogus end tag char <
2022-06-06T01:42:05: Client 0: XML read: 
  <oneSwitch name='FLAT_LIGHT_OFF'>
      On
  </oneSwitch>
</newSwitchVector>
<newSwitchVector device='Pegasus FlatMaster' name='FLAT_LIGHT_CONTROL'>
  <oneSwitch name='FLAT_LIGHT_OFF'>
      On
  </oneSwitch>
</newSwitchVector>

It printed the <oneSwitch... part about 100 times, and ended on a partial block. I've seen that kind of thing happen before. indiserver is still running.
It blows up about every time, providing you disconnect from the server between attempts. Occasionally it takes out indiserver as well. The indi logs show as above _or_ "connection reset by peer". I attached the Kstars log. It shows startup to starting the second sequence and then nothing.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-23-19.txt
File Size:30 KB

Also, out of the blue, the flatmaster driver blurted out this message I've never seen before:
2022-06-06T02:24:45: Driver indi_pegasus_flatmaster: indi_pegasus_flatmaster dispatch error: Property FLAT_LIGHT_C is not defined in Pegasus FlatMaster.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by David Allmon.
1 year 9 months ago #83380
Attachments:

Please submit a ticket with StellarMate support so we can take it from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Allmon
1 year 9 months ago #83384

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds