INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Install INDI server on Ubuntu - failing

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Damian,

GSC is the package that allows the use of simulators in kstars. If you don't use simulators for testing you don't need it.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damian
1 year 6 months ago #85855

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to use Ubuntu for the sake of conformity. I don't know what the different between Mint and Ubuntu is, but as I mentioned earlier, debugging someone else's code on any Linux is a bitch.
1 year 6 months ago #85857

Further to earlier post:-

Re-installing the mutlaqja repository cures the problem. The error was somehow associated with the previous apt-add-repository although the repository information was correct i.e. identical to the information on another computer where apt update and install worked.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
1 year 6 months ago #85858

A bit of success!

I failed to reload Ubuntu easily - the installation USB stick seems to detect the same rev of Ubuntu already running on the main drive and keeps deferring to it.

I loaded openSuse instead. It was a slow load but went in no bother, and I like the neat way the OS runs; it seems very complete and professional. The INDI instructions only went as far as installing a repository, but I found KSTARS in it, it installed easily and came up perfectly!

Now the challenge will be to find drivers that work for my telescope head. It's a Meade LXD75 and is not listed in KSTARS. I plan to try the LX200 drivers.

Does anyone have a source pack for the LXD drivers that I could build for openSUSE?
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by John Larysz.
1 year 6 months ago #85884

Time to create page: 1.363 seconds