INDI Library v1.9.9 Released (30 Nov 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

Install INDI server on Ubuntu - failing

• Thank you received: 40
Hi Damian,

GSC is the package that allows the use of simulators in kstars. If you don't use simulators for testing you don't need it.

Cheers
iOptron CEM40G, SharpStar CF90IIApo with Moonlight focuser, ASI294MCpro, ASI120MM-S, DIY MyFocuserPro2, RPi4 8Gb 480SSD running KStars/Ekos/Indi under Ubuntu Mate 22.04, DIY flat box
Skywatcher Flextube 12" Dob, Meade LX75 8SCT, Skywatcher NEQ6Pro

The following user(s) said Thank You: Damian
3 months 1 week ago #85855

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to use Ubuntu for the sake of conformity. I don't know what the different between Mint and Ubuntu is, but as I mentioned earlier, debugging someone else's code on any Linux is a bitch.
3 months 1 week ago #85857

Further to earlier post:-

Re-installing the mutlaqja repository cures the problem. The error was somehow associated with the previous apt-add-repository although the repository information was correct i.e. identical to the information on another computer where apt update and install worked.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
3 months 1 week ago #85858

A bit of success!

I failed to reload Ubuntu easily - the installation USB stick seems to detect the same rev of Ubuntu already running on the main drive and keeps deferring to it.

I loaded openSuse instead. It was a slow load but went in no bother, and I like the neat way the OS runs; it seems very complete and professional. The INDI instructions only went as far as installing a repository, but I found KSTARS in it, it installed easily and came up perfectly!

Now the challenge will be to find drivers that work for my telescope head. It's a Meade LXD75 and is not listed in KSTARS. I plan to try the LX200 drivers.

Does anyone have a source pack for the LXD drivers that I could build for openSUSE?
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by John Larysz.
3 months 1 week ago #85884

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds